Social #Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Agreement to the Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prizes (described below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. When: The Social #Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) December 13, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. MST and ends on December 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MST (“Sweepstakes Period”)
3. Who Can Enter: Open to current University of Phoenix, Inc. students and alumni who are legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, directors and officers and their immediate families (husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, parents and children and their spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of Sponsor, Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes or otherwise associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible.
4. How to Enter: Visit Sponsor’s Facebook page during the Sweepstakes Period, and comment on Sweepstakes post. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries (i) must be the original and sole creation of the submitting entrant, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to, the copyright in any entry, must be owned solely by the submitting entrant; (ii) may not have been submitted in any other competition and may not have been published; (iii) may not infringe upon any third party's rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademark, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light; (iv) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; (v) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; and (vi) may not contain inappropriate content, for example but not limited to, profanity, defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of any certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic groups, threats to any person, place, business, or group. Each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry complies with all of those conditions. Any non-complying entry will subject the entrant to disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an entry, entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, royalty free license in any and all media, now know or hereafter created, to copy, prepare derivative works, and distribute the entrant’s entry materials. Entrants hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the entrant’s entry, in its sole discretion.
5. Prizes: Five (5) Prizes. Each prize winner will receive one (1) University of Phoenix “keep calm” coffee mug and one (1) University of Phoenix wireless charger. Approximate retail value of each prize is $8.00
Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or redeem a prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All costs and expenses (including all federal, state and local taxes) associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Winner.
6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. Winner Notification; Claiming of Prize: A random drawing of all eligible entries will be conducted on or about December 23, 2020 by the Sponsor to determine five (5) potential prize winners. All entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements therein.
The five (5) Potential winners will be notified by direct message and will be asked to provide their mailing and email address. If winner does not provide requested information within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will randomly select alternate prize winner(s) from among all remaining eligible entrants. Sponsor will conduct as many alternate drawings in its sole discretion and/or as time permits until all the prizes have been awarded
8. Release. All prize winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, the Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc. and its/their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, any tax claim, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (including their agents’) unqualified and unconditional use of any winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons, including death, or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to release and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, or judgments arising out of or relating to entrant's entry or participation in this Sweepstakes, use or misuse of any prizes awarded hereunder or any use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of, consolidated, coordinated or class action in the courts located in Phoenix, Arizona. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
14. Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes winner results, and/or a copy of these Official Rules, please email: UOPXSocial@phoenix.edu with subject line: “Social #Giveaway”. Requests for a winner list must be received by January 31, 2021.
15. Sponsor: The University of Phoenix, Inc, 4025 S. Riverpoint Parkway Phoenix, AZ 85040. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.