INSTAGRAM OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Agreement to the Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prizes (described below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. When: The Drawing Sweepstakes will be held at the INSTAGRAM Drawing event on September 29, 2020. (“Drawing Sweepstakes Period”)
3. Who Can Enter: Open to current University of Phoenix, Inc. students and alumni as of October 1, 2019 who are legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, 18 or older. Employees, directors and officers and their immediate families (husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, parents and children and their spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of Sponsor, Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes or otherwise associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible.
4. How to Enter: Visit Sponsor’s Instagram page during the Drawing Sweepstakes Period, follow the page and then comment on Sweepstakes post. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. MST on September 28, 2020. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Prizes: The prizes are: (1) University of Phoenix coffee mug valued at $6.00 each and (1) University of Phoenix Tumbler valued at $10.70 each. There will be 5 total winners to each receive 1 coffee mug and 1 tumbler.
Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or redeem a prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All costs and expenses (including all federal, state and local taxes) associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Winner.
6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification; Claiming of Prize: The random drawings for the Prizes will be conducted on or about September 29, 2020 by the Sponsor whose decisions are final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Drawing Sweepstakes. All successful entries will be entered into a randomizer. All entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements therein.
The five (5) Potential winners will be notified by direct message and will be asked to provide their mailing and email address. If winner does not provide requested information within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will randomly select alternate prize winner(s) from among all remaining eligible entrants. Sponsor will conduct as many alternate drawings in its sole discretion and/or as time permits until all the prizes have been awarded
8. Release. All prize winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, the Sweepstakes Entities, Instagram, Inc. and its/their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, any tax claim, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Drawing Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (including their agents’) unqualified and unconditional use of any winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify these Official Rules, the Drawing Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Drawing Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Drawing Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons, including death, or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Drawing Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to release and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, or judgments arising out of or relating to entrant's entry or participation in this Drawing Sweepstakes, use or misuse of any prizes awarded hereunder or any use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state.
12. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
13. Sweepstakes Results: For Drawing Sweepstakes winner results, and/or a copy of these Official Rules, please email: UOPXSocial@phoenix.edu with subject line: “Instagram Giveaway”. Requests for a winner list must be received by October 13th, 2020.
Sponsor: The University of Phoenix, Inc, 4025 S. Riverpoint Parkway Phoenix, AZ 85040. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.