Las Vegas Campus 25th Anniversary Scholarship
University of Phoenix understands the importance of making higher education highly accessible for students of all ages and backgrounds. As the largest private university in North America, we take our social responsibility to our students and the communities we serve very seriously. University of Phoenix is particularly adept at aiding non-traditional students complete their education by designing programs around their busy lives.
In recognition of its students, University of Phoenix, Las Vegas Campus, will offer two (2) Full tuition scholarships. More specifically, the best applicants will be chosen as the scholarship recipients.
Through this scholarship program, two (2) full tuition scholarships will be offered. Scholarships will allow a prospective student to pursue a bachelor's degree and a University of Phoenix Alumni to pursue a master’s degree program at University of Phoenix.
Eligibility & Selection
- If applicants reside in the United States*, they must meet one of the following requirements: be a legal resident of the United States; have been granted permanent residency; have a valid visa that does not prohibit educational studies; have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form g-845; or have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by the Citizen Immigration Services. *Applicants who do not currently reside in the United States may disregard this criterion.
- Applicants must be a current resident of Nevada and must currently reside in Nevada. Proof of residency will be required if selected for the scholarship.
- Applicants must meet all admissions requirements of University of Phoenix if selected as a scholarship recipient.
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled nor in the process of enrolling at a University of Phoenix campus or an online program at any time prior to the scholarship award date. Applicants who enroll after submitting an application, or before, the award date are not eligible to be a recipient of this scholarship.
- Applicants must not be an employee (including full- and part-time faculty) or a family member (spouse, dependent child or domestic partner) of an employee of Apollo Education Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, Apollo Education Group, Inc,, Western International University or any other subsidiary of Apollo Education Group, Incaffiliate of University of Phoenix, Inc.
- Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation by the deadline. The completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to the applicant.
- Applicants must submit a completed essay as described in the Essay section. High importance will be placed on the applicant’s desire to advance in their education, with an emphasis on furthering their careers, and their impact in the community in which they reside.
- Only the first 100 applicants, who meet the eligibility criteria, submit their complete application, and supporting documentation, as more fully described herein, on or before the deadline (“qualified applications”) will be considered in the selection process.
- The recipient of this scholarship will be selected by the scholarship selection committee consisting of representatives from University of Phoenix. Non-staff members may assist in the selection committee process.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete and signed application, along with all the supporting documentation, which must be received on or before the deadline. The scholarship selection committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the instructions.
- The scholarship award will be based on the committee’s scores of the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essay. The higher the average score, the higher the probability of selection.
- Scholarship selection shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- The decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to review.
A complete application, and supporting documentation, must be submitted before the first 100 qualified applications that meet the defined eligibility criteria have been submitted, or before 4/5/2019, whichever comes first. Applications not submitted or submitted after the application limit or designated deadline will not be considered. No exceptions.
The scholarship committee will determine the recipients of the scholarship by the award date, 6/17/2019. All applicants with a submitted application will be notified via email, regardless if selected as a recipient or not, by award date regarding the status of the scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
By applying for a University of Phoenix scholarship and/or accepting the scholarship award, the applicant and/or recipient agrees to the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by any of the following terms and conditions shall result in either disqualification of the scholarship award or termination of the scholarship award.
- All application submissions shall become the property of University of Phoenix, Inc. regardless if applicant is awarded the scholarship. In addition, applicant agrees to execute a University of Phoenix, Inc. Consent and Release Form and further agrees that University of Phoenix, Inc. and its affiliates may release the application and the information contained therein to its agents, contractors and related third parties for the purposes set forth below.
Upon the submission of the application by applicant or the award of the scholarship and recipient’s acceptance, University of Phoenix, Inc., including its affiliates as well as its agents, and others working for it on its behalf or at its direction and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right to use and republish the submitted application or any of its content; it may reference and acknowledge recipient’s name and authorship of the application; and may use recipient's name, image and likeness, for any purpose relating to the scholarship, including but not limited to, any promotional materials, internal sites, www.phoenix.edu, external company sites, press releases and social media.
- Scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s University of Phoenix account as outlined on the scholarship application. Scholarship will be applied to the first credit-bearing class with a start date after the award date. No scholarship funds will be applied to previous classes or currently enrolled classes at the time of scholarship award. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
The University treats this tuition scholarship, in the form of a non-cash award, as non-taxable income. However, the recipient is encouraged to seek independent counsel from a certified tax consultant as recipient is responsible for all other costs, liabilities, and obligations including any applicable taxes from the award of this scholarship as Federal laws may change and laws vary from state to state. The University makes no representations with respect to the taxability of this award and the University may change its treatment of the scholarship for tax purposes in its sole discretion.
- This award is a 100% of tuition for the degree program(s) specified on the scholarship application. The actual percentage of tuition the scholarship will cover is dependent on many different variables including but not limited to transferability of any credits, campus location, modality and degree program. University of Phoenix offers a financial planning tool to provide recipients with an estimated degree program cost.
- Recipients must be in good academic and financial standing. Scholarship may only be used toward degrees that are specified on the scholarship application; non-degree single courses and certificate programs are not covered by the scholarship unless otherwise explicitly stated in the application.
- Recipients must have successfully completed his/her next credit-bearing course within one hundred and twenty (120) days from scholarship award.
- If recipients are receiving Title IV financial aid funding in addition to this scholarship, recipient must maintain continuous attendance as defined by the university and/or must qualify for a leave of absence in order to maintain his/her financial aid status. Recipient is required to abide by all state and federal financial aid policies and procedures and all University of Phoenix financial policies and procedures as set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog, including remaining in good financial standing with University of Phoenix.
- Recipient who falls out of attendance for more than ninety (90) days from the last date of academic activity will forfeit his/her scholarship. Recipient who returns from an approved absence will be subject to version and program updates per the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog.
- Recipients may not be placed on academic disqualification (AD) or denied admissions (DA).
- Recipient acknowledges that at no time can he/she become an employee of University of Phoenix, Inc., or any of its affiliates, and retain this scholarship.
- Recipient agrees to complete his/her degree program in the time set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog. Switching degree programs, whether by choice or due to a version and/or program update, may result in a loss of credits that this scholarship will not cover. If recipient changes degree programs and/or versions, which result in a loss of credits, the scholarship will cover up to six (6) credits that do not transfer to the new degree program. Payment for any credits not covered will be required for future courses. The scholarship will be placed on hold until all lost credits are covered in full at which time the scholarship will resume.
- Should recipient drop, receive a W-grade or otherwise fail to complete a course for which the scholarship, or a portion of the scholarship, has been used to pay the tuition, in no event will any cash refund be given at any time.
- During the term of the scholarship, recipient shall notify University of Phoenix immediately if he/she is convicted of a crime, excluding traffic offenses. Recipient acknowledges that said conviction may impact this scholarship in University of Phoenix’s sole discretion.
- Recipient acknowledges and agrees that he/she will not portray University of Phoenix or any affiliates in a negative, harmful, disparaging, offensive or otherwise inappropriate manner as determined in the University of Phoenix’s sole discretion. Nor will recipient associate University of Phoenix or any affiliates in any way with content related to tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs or sexually explicit material or engage in conduct that is immoral or illegal that results in a criminal conviction.
- Recipient agrees to abide by the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog, including, but not limited to, the Student Code of Conduct.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in any other part of this document. Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion. Furthermore, University of Phoenix reserves the right in its sole discretion to make any changes or modifications to the scholarship, including but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the terms and conditions.
- There will be no exceptions to these terms and conditions unless otherwise approved in writing by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion.
- Any violation of these scholarship terms and conditions, as determined in University of Phoenix’s sole discretion, will result in disqualification of the scholarship and/or termination of the scholarship award. Recipient acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall have no right to appeal or contest the decision of University of Phoenix to terminate the scholarship as set forth herein. Any unused portion of the Scholarship will be returned to University of Phoenix and is non-transferable.
- In the event that any provision of the scholarship terms and conditions shall be held void, voidable, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Consent & Release
- For valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant to University of Phoenix, Inc., its affiliates, agents, and others working for it on its behalf or at its direction and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns (herein collectively called the “Licensed Parties”) the absolute right and permission to use, exhibit, exploit, record, publish, broadcast, and copyright, in whole or in part, in all countries in the world, my: voice, biographical information, academic or promotional submissions (including scholarship application information), educational record information, endorsement/testimonial, picture and likeness, or any material based upon or derived therefrom, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner or media whatsoever (whether now existing or hereafter created, including without limitation, television, radio, and other electronic and computer marketing, print media, and direct mail marketing), without geographical or other limitation, for any educational, advertising or promotional purpose.
- I further agree that any such use, recording, publication, or broadcast of my: voice, academic or promotional submissions, endorsement/testimonial, picture or likeness of me, and any material based upon or derived therefrom, in any manner or media, is owned by Licensed Parties. If I should receive any print, negative, or other copy, I shall not authorize its use by anyone else.
- I represent and warrant that I own all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright and trademark rights) in any picture(s) or material(s) that I submit to the Licensed Parties and that no other third party releases are necessary. In the event I submit a picture(s) or other material(s) owned by a third party to the Licensed Parties, I shall provide all necessary third-party releases to the Licensed Parties. Said third-party releases shall grant to the Licensed Parties all rights set forth in this agreement. The Licensed Parties shall have the right in its sole discretion to deny any publication of said picture or materials. Furthermore, I acknowledge that any picture or materials submitted are not guaranteed for use by the Licensed Parties.
- I shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation, and no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity and claims arising out of equity) arising out of any use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect, or use in any composite form. In no event shall I have the right to enjoin the Licensed Parties use, broadcast, copyright, publication, exhibition, or exploitation in any other manner, as specified in this Consent and Release Form.
- I agree that this release does not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on my part. I have not heretofore authorized (which authority is still in effect), nor will I authorize or permit without the Licensed Parties express written permission the use of my: voice, biographical information, academic or promotional submissions, endorsement/testimonial, picture, or likeness in connection with the advertising or promotion of any other educational service if such authorization or permission is in conflict or inconsistent with the terms of this Consent and Release Form.
- If I have given any endorsement/testimonial, it represents my current honest opinions, findings, or experience. To the extent that I suggest I have used the educational services of a particular entity, I have in fact so used them. To the extent that I suggest I express a preference over other similar educational services, I do in fact prefer them. I agree to immediately notify you of any change in my expressed views or preferences, or if I cease to be able to endorse.
- I agree to defend and hold the Licensed Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, expenses (including without limitation court costs, litigation expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees), and causes of action of any kind against the Licensed Parties as a result of any material breach of any representation made herein in this Consent and Release Form and/or resulting from any intellectual property violation including but not limited to any copyright infringement or alleged copyright infringement regarding pictures and materials that I have provided to the Licensed Parties.
- This University of Phoenix, Inc. Consent and Release form may be executed electronically or by mail. An electronic copy of the agreement will be valid and given full force and effect and considered an original and will be denied legal effect because it was executed electronically.
- This Consent and Release Form shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona and the United States of America without reference to conflict of laws principles. The Superior Court of Maricopa County and/or the United States District Court for the District of Arizona shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over all controversies in connection with this Consent, and each party irrevocably consents to such exclusive and personal jurisdiction and venue.
- Access the University of Phoenix Las Vegas Campus 25th Anniversary Scholarship online application.
- Follow the given instructions.
- Review your complete application and submit.
- Print a copy of the submitted application for your records.
Applicants under 21 years of age must submit a signed Scholarship Terms & Conditions and Apollo Consent & Release form listed within the scholarship application.
A complete application and supporting documentation must be received on, or before, April 5th, 2019. Applications received after the designated deadline will not be considered. No exceptions.
The scholarship committee will determine the recipients of the scholarship by the award date, June 17th, 2019. You will be notified via email by award date regarding the status of the scholarship. You will receive a notification email regardless if you were selected as a recipient or not.
Be advised that it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete application, which must be received on or before the deadline as set forth above. The scholarship committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission. No exceptions.
For any additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.