Enter the UOPX Second Act Scholarship Contest
Here are the rules.
SECOND ACT SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Applicants are entering to win tuition for one (1) University of Phoenix course. Five (5) one course tuition scholarships will be awarded (hereinafter referred to as “Scholarship”). Applicants for the Second Act Scholarship Contest must demonstrate the following to be considered:
- Applicants who reside in the United States must meet one of the following requirements: be a legal resident of the United States; have been granted permanent residency; have a valid visa that does not prohibit educational studies; have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form g-845; or have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by the Citizen Immigration Services.
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at University of Phoenix in an Associate, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program.
- Applicant is not currently receiving or will not receive 100% tuition reimbursement. For example, applicant is not currently attending University of Phoenix under a full tuition scholarship or under an employer’s tuition assistance plan that covers a hundred percent of tuition costs.
- Are not employees or family members of employees of University of Phoenix or their parent or affiliated companies.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
SELECTION PROCESS AND AWARD
- The winner of this Second Act Scholarship Contest will be selected by the Second Act Scholarship Contest Committee consisting of representatives from University of Phoenix.
- Winner selection shall be made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
- The Scholarship award will be based on the committee’s scores of the overall quality and clarity of their submission, inspiration of their story and creativity. The higher the average score, the higher the probability of selection.
- Scholarship winners will be required to have a signed Second Act Scholarship Contest application along with the terms and conditions including the University of Phoenix Consent and Release form on file prior to the award.
- Scholarship winners will be notified via email at the email address on file with University of Phoenix.
A complete Submission, must be posted on or before 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time on September 30, 2019. Submissions received after the designated deadline date will not be considered. No exceptions.
The Second Act Scholarship Contest Committee will determine the winners by the award date of [10/31/2019]. If selected, you will be notified via email by award date, you will be asked to sign the terms and conditions and the University of Phoenix Consent and Release form before the Scholarship will be awarded. The completion of the Submission does not create an obligation to award a Scholarship to applicant.
There will be up to Five (5) winners. Each winner will receive a tuition and resource fee scholarship for one (1) course. Only one winner per Scholarship award. The Scholarship is a non-cash credit to the winner’s University of Phoenix account. This award is for one course only and will cover 100% of tuition and resource fee for the next scheduled course in the winners’ degree program in which he/she is currently enrolled. The Scholarship will be applied to the next course regardless of the outcome of the course (withdraw, fail or dropping of the course). The actual value of the Scholarship you receive is dependent on many different variables including but not limited to, campus location, modality and degree program.
- Post a video, written, or multimedia message “Submission” on UOPX’s Facebook pages or your Instagram page.
To be considered, the message must meet the following requirements:
- Contain #UOPXSecondActContest
- Personal story about why you chose to go back to school with University of Phoenix
- Include how college will make your second act possible
- If posting a video, the maximum length is 2 minutes.
- Submission (i) must be the original and sole creation of the submitting individual, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to, the copyright in any entry, must be owned solely by the submitting individual; (ii) may not have been submitted in any other competition and may not have been published; (iii) may not infringe upon any third party's rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademark, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light; (iv) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; (v) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; and (vi) may not contain inappropriate content, for example but not limited to, profanity, defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of any certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic groups, threats to any person, place, business, or group. Each individual applicant warrants and represents that his/her submission complies with all of those conditions. Any non-complying submission will subject the individual applicant to disqualification at the sole discretion of University of Phoenix.
- University of Phoenix is not responsible for submissions that are incomplete or inaccurate whether caused by internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Scholarship promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries. University of Phoenix is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
ODDS OF WINNING
The winner will be chosen on the basis of their entries, the odds of winning depend on the number and skill of the various entrants.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX: TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering this Second Act Scholarship Contest and/or accepting the award, the applicant and/or winner agrees to the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by any of the following terms and conditions shall result in either disqualification of the Scholarship award or termination of the Scholarship award.
- All application submissions shall become the property of University of Phoenix, Inc. regardless if applicant is awarded the Scholarship. In addition, applicant agrees to execute a University of Phoenix Consent and Release Form (provided for below) and further agrees that the University may release the application and the information contained therein to its agents, contractors and related third parties for the purposes set forth below.
Upon the submission of the application by applicant or the award of the Scholarship and winner’s acceptance, University of Phoenix, Inc. as well as its agents, and others working for it on its behalf or at its direction and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right to use and republish the submitted application or any of its content; it may reference and acknowledge winner’s name and authorship of the application; and may use winner's name, image and likeness, for any purpose relating to the Scholarship, including but not limited to, any promotional materials, internal sites, www.phoenix.edu, external company sites, press releases and social media.
- The award is a non-cash award to winner’s University of Phoenix account. Any excess funds will be processed in accordance with University of Phoenix policies and procedures.
University of Phoenix, Inc. treats the Scholarship award in the form of a non-cash award. The winner is encouraged to seek independent counsel from a certified tax consultant as winner is responsible for all other costs, liabilities, and obligations including any applicable taxes from the award of this Scholarship as Federal laws may change and laws vary from state to state. University of Phoenix, Inc. makes no representations with respect to the taxability of this award and the University may change its treatment of the Scholarship for tax purposes in its sole discretion. This Scholarship may impact your financial aid eligibility and/or award. You should contact your Financial Services team for details as to how this benefit will impact your financial aid if you have questions.
- This award is for one course only and will cover 100% of tuition and resource fee for the next scheduled course in the winners’ degree program in which he/she is currently enrolled. The Scholarship will be applied to the next course regardless of the outcome of the course (withdraw, fail or dropping of the course). The actual value of the scholarship you receive is dependent on many different variables including but not limited to campus location, modality and degree program.
- The Scholarship award will be applied only to tuition and resource fees. PLA submission fees, educational supplies, living expenses, physical textbooks and other fees not listed are not included.
- Tuition reimbursement received from other source(s) including but not limited to corporate reimbursement, other scholarships and/or private grants may reduce a winner’s eligibility dollar for dollar unless the funder specifies the funds may be released to the student. Veteran’s Administration GI benefits and Veteran’s administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits will not affect the Scholarship.
- Winner must enroll in their next course within sixty (60) days following the Scholarship award date.
- Winner may apply for and receive funds from federal and/or state financial aid programs. If winner is receiving Title IV financial aid funding in addition to this Scholarship, winner must maintain continuous attendance as defined by the University and/or must qualify for a leave of absence in order to maintain his/her financial aid status. Winner is required to abide by all state and federal financial aid policies and procedures and all University of Phoenix financial policies and procedures as set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog, including remaining in good financial standing with University of Phoenix.
- During the term of the Scholarship, winner shall notify University of Phoenix immediately if he/she is convicted of a crime, excluding traffic offenses. Winner acknowledges that said conviction may impact this Scholarship at the sole discretion of University of Phoenix.
- Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she will not portray University of Phoenix or any of its affiliates in a negative, harmful, disparaging, offensive or otherwise inappropriate manner as determined at the sole discretion of University of Phoenix. Nor will winner associate University of Phoenix or any affiliates in any way with content related to tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs or sexually explicit material or engage in conduct that is immoral or illegal that results in a criminal conviction.
- Winner agrees to abide by the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog, including, but not limited to, the Student Code of Conduct.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in any other part of this document. Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by the Second Act Scholarship Contest Committee officials in their sole discretion. Furthermore, University of Phoenix reserves the right in its sole discretion to make any changes or modifications to the Scholarship, including but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the terms and conditions.
- There will be no exceptions to these terms and conditions unless otherwise approved in writing at the sole discretion of University of Phoenix officials.
- Any violation of these Scholarship contest terms and conditions, as determined at the sole discretion of University of Phoenix, will result in disqualification of the Scholarship and/or termination of the Scholarship award. Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall have no right to appeal or contest the decision of University of Phoenix to terminate the Scholarship as set forth herein.
- In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions shall be held void, voidable, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- APPLICANT/WINNER HEREBY AGREES TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW RELEASE UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, AND ITS AFFILIATES, AS WELL AS EACH OF THEIR OFFICER, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SERVANTS, DIRECTORS (“THE RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM DAMAGES, LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF EARNINGS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF WAGES), COSTS, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, AND WHETHER OR NOT CONCEALED OR HIDDEN, WHICH I MAY NOW HAVE OR MAY HEREINAFTER HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION PROCESS AND THE SCHOLARSHIP ADMINISTRATION BY UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX.
- Applicant/winner is not employees or family members of employees of University of Phoenix, Inc. or their parent or affiliated companies.
- SPONSORS The scholarship promotion is sponsored by University of Phoenix, Inc., 4025 S. Riverpoint Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85040. The scholarship promotion is not sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook, Inc. or Instagram, Inc.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, INC. CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM
- For valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant to University of Phoenix, Inc. and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and others working for it on its behalf or at its direction and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns (herein collectively called the “Licensed Parties”) the absolute right and permission to use, record, publish, broadcast, and copyright, in whole or in part, in all countries in the world, my: voice, biographical information, academic or promotional submissions, endorsement/testimonial, picture and likeness, photograph(s), artwork or any material based upon or derived therefrom, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner or media whatsoever, without geographical or other limitation, for any educational, advertising, marketing or promotional purpose.
- I further agree that any such use, recording, publication, or broadcast of my: voice, academic or promotional submissions, endorsement/testimonial, picture or likeness of me, photograph(s), artwork and any material based upon or derived therefrom, in any manner or media, is owned by Licensed Parties. If I should receive any print, negative, or other copy, I shall not authorize its use by anyone else.
- I represent and warrant that I own all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright and trademark rights) in any picture(s), material(s), photograph(s) or artwork that I submit to the Licensed Parties and that no other third party releases are necessary. In the event I submit to the Licensed Parties picture(s), material(s), photographs or artwork owned by a third party or contain third party rights therein, I shall provide all necessary third-party releases to the Licensed Parties. Said third-party releases shall grant to the Licensed Parties all rights set forth in this Consent and Release Form. The Licensed Parties shall have the right in its sole discretion to deny any publication of said picture(s), material(s), photograph(s) or artwork. Furthermore, I acknowledge that any picture(s), material(s), photograph(s) or artwork submitted are not guaranteed for use by the Licensed Parties.
- I shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation, and no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect, or use in any composite form.
- I agree that this release does not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on my part. I have not heretofore authorized (which authority is still in effect), nor will I authorize or permit without the Licensed Parties express written permission the use of my: voice, biographical information, academic or promotional submissions, endorsement/testimonial, picture, or likeness, photograph(s) or artwork in connection with the advertising, marketing or promotion of any other educational service if such authorization or permission is in conflict or inconsistent with the terms of this Consent and Release Form.
- If I have given any endorsement/testimonial, it represents my current honest opinions, findings, or experience. To the extent that I suggest I have used the educational services of a particular entity, I have in fact so used them. To the extent that I suggest I express a preference over other similar educational services, I do in fact prefer them. I agree to immediately notify you of any change in my expressed views or preferences, or if I cease to be able to endorse.
- I agree to defend and hold the Licensed Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, expenses (including without limitation court costs, litigation expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees), and causes of action of any kind against the Licensed Parties as a result of any material breach of any representation made herein in this Consent and Release Form and/or resulting from any intellectual property violation including but not limited to any copyright infringement or alleged copyright infringement regarding pictures, photographs, artwork or any other materials that I have provided to the Licensed Parties.
- This Consent and Release Form may be executed by facsimile or PDF. Said facsimile or PDF shall be deemed an original and shall be enforceable and fully admissible in any legal proceeding.