Web and Search Engine Marketing Track
This three-course track was designed to help you effectively generate brand awareness and leads for a business and track website activity. Discover skills that help you develop an effective content marketing strategy, improve website rankings, use search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and measure website activity with Google Analytics.
Can help prepare for 1 industry certification exam¹:
Google Analytics IQ Certification
¹ This track is not endorsed by Google, LLC.
Google Analytics IQ certification exam prep
Successfully completing this track can help you prepare for the Google Analytics IQ certification exam.
Courses in the Web and Search Engine Marketing Track
Courses begin with SEO basics, exploring social marketing tactics and results. Dive into tracking and measuring with Google Analytics, then finish with inbound marketing strategy methodologies.
- Relate important website attributes and components to their impact on the visibility of the site
- Interpret basic analytics reports for relevant trends and prospective website issues
- Develop a refined list of effective keywords related to a topic of interest
- Evaluate Google Ads data to identify opportunities of iterative improvement to your digital ads or target website
- Configure Google Analytics on a website to enable data collection
- Interpret basic reports to gather data and insights for analysis
- Create goals to measure actions that are important to a business
- Apply basic techniques of segmentation and remarketing
- Attract more potential customers and push them further through the marketing funnel using content marketing
- Launch lead generation tactics, including social media, content marketing, and email marketing
- Increase marketing program efficiency with marketing automation
- Attract, engage, and convert customers – and turn them into referral sources
Jobs that align with the Web and Search Engine Marketing Track 2
Are you looking for new skills to help prepare for new opportunities? Or are you a digital marketing professional ready to take your skills to the next level? The Web and Search Engine Marketing Track combined with popular industry certifications can help provide the credentials you need to enhance your career. Skills covered in this track are requested in job postings by employers in the digital marketing field.
Lightcast, a labor market analytics firm, reports estimated web and search engine marketing job postings in the United States for entry, mid-level and advanced jobs on a rolling 12-month basis.²Estimated Job Postings from Sep 2021 to Sep 2022
The following job titles are included in the Lightcast report:
- Web Marketing Specialists
- Web Marketing Associates
- SEO/SEM Managers
- SEO/SEM Specialists
- Web Marketing Managers
- Web Marketing Analysts
² This data may not reflect your local market conditions for each job title provided. It is not intended to predict future market conditions related to these job titles as market conditions are dynamic and can change. The University of Phoenix makes no representation as to the number or level of jobs available when you complete your track. Additional skills that are not covered in this course may be required for specific jobs. Job positions vary based on multiple factors, including prior work experience, education, geographic location, and other factors specific to the individual. We do not guarantee employment, salary level, or career advancement.
Frequently asked questions
What is the refund policy?
Your purchase is risk free for 7 days or your money back – you may request a refund at any time for any reason via email within 7 days of purchase and you’ll be granted a refund. After 7 days, no refunds will be granted. To request a refund, please contact the professional development team at email@example.com. You will lose access to the course or track once your refund begins processing.
When can I start?
You can immediately access and begin learning after completing your purchase.
What do I need to get started?
It’s simple! 1. Sign up with either your personal email or a social media account. 2. Pay for your course(s) or track(s) with a credit card and begin learning.
How do I access my courses or tracks?
Login using the username and password you created when purchased at www.phoenix.edu/professional-development/login
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.