Anatomy, Physiology and Coding: Gastrointestinal, Integumentary, Reproductive and Urinary Systems
This course was created with the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and includes course material directly from NHA.
Build your knowledge of anatomy, physiology and key body systems – this course focuses on the Gastrointestinal, Integumentary, Reproductive and Urinary systems. Learn medical terms and acronyms to bill and code for maximum reimbursement. Practice your coding for diagnoses, tests, procedures and treatments related to this body system.
Skills you'll learn:
Locate relevant information from patient medical records
Resolve medical record discrepancies and collaborate with providers for clarification
Determine appropriate responses and actions to claim rejections
Ensure all medical care and procedures are properly captured and coded for optimal reimbursement
Anatomy and physiology for Gastrointestinal, Integumentary, Reproductive, and Urinary systems
Medical terms and acronyms within medical records
Resolving discrepancies and processing claims
What's included in this course:
- Self-paced, 100% online
- 4 job-ready skills
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
- Access to course for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California: These Professional Development courses or tracks are not available to California residents.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Helps prepare for CBCS exam
We recommend having the following required materials on hand before starting this course. You will not be able to gain the full benefit of this course without these coding manuals, and you’ll need them if you plan to take NHA's Certified Billing & Coding Specialist, (CBCS), certification exam. The following materials are not included in the purchase price and must be obtained separately.
- ICD-10-CM 2022: The Complete Official Codebook (ICD-10-CM the Complete Official Codebook)
- HCPCS 2022 Level II Professional Edition (HCPCS Level II (American Medical Assn))
- CPT 2022 Professional Edition (CPT / Current Procedural Terminology (Professional Edition))
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist exam prep
This course can be purchased individually or as part of the Medical Billing and Coding Track that can help you prepare for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist exam.
- Course Introduction
- Getting Started
- Course Welcome
- Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Gastrointestinal System
- Introduction to the Gastrointestinal System
- Basic Anatomy of the Digestive System and the Gut
- Digestive Disorders, Disease, and Anatomy Key Concepts
- Gastrointestinal System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Gastrointestinal System Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Urinary System
- Introduction to the Urinary System
- Basic Anatomy of the Urinary System
- Urinary System Disease and Anatomy Key Concepts
- Urinary System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Urinary System Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Integumentary System
- Introduction to the Integumentary System
- Diseases of the Integumentary System
- Integumentary System Disorders and Anatomy Key Concepts
- Integumentary System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Integumentary System Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Reproductive System
- Introduction to the Reproductive System
- Basic Anatomy and Cancers of the Reproductive System
- Reproductive Disorders, Disease, and Anatomy Key Concepts
- Reproductive System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Reproductive System Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources you can access after purchasing:
Accessing your NHA Study Materials (Guide)
This guide will help you set up your National Healthcareer Association (NHA) account to access study materials as you progress through this course.
Professional Curated Resources
This PDF contains links to resources curated by professionals in the field to help support your growing knowledge and skill sets in this course.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®¹ , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
¹ LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.