Scrum Master Fundamentals
Help build your proficiency in Scrum by learning about the basics of this Agile Method. This Pathway covers understanding and applying the Scrum framework, developing the Scrum team (including Product Owners and Engineers) and managing products in fast-moving companies.
Skills you'll learn
- Successfully use the established Scrum core values to make desirable team decisions.
- Effectively navigate primary Scrum events by applying the correct Agile principles, strategies and practices.
- Productively serve and collaborate with Product Owners and developers.
- Ensure the Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog help the Scrum Team create high-value increments.
Scrum Master Fund: Support the Scrum Framework
- Scrum Framework and Resources
- Empirical Scrum Pillars and Values
Scrum Master Fund: Navigate Key Scrum Events
- Scrum Events Overview
- Sprint Planning and Daily Scrum
- The Sprint, Sprint Review, and Retrospective
Scrum Master Fund: Serve Scrum Team Members
- Cross-Functional Teams & The Scrum Master Role
- Scrum Master Accountabilities to the Scrum Team
Scrum Master Fund: Facilitate High-value Increments
- Scrum Artifacts Overview and Product Backlog
- Exploring the Sprint Backlog and Increment
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®² , when you’ve successfully completed your Skills Pathway with a score of 85% or higher.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway right for me?
The Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway could be the right fit for you if you are interested in learning about the foundations of Scrum and how a Scrum Master contributes to a successful business. A Scrum Master Fundamentals \Pathway could also help you grow your career in the IT Project Management field.
Why should I purchase this Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway?
Purchasing our Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway is a great first step in growing your understanding of the Scrum Pillars and Values. You should purchase this Pathway if you're interested in learning more about how and when to apply the correct Scrum principles, strategies and practices and help the Scrum Team create high-value results.
Do I need to apply for this Skills Pathway?
Everyone is welcome to take the Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway. No application is necessary.
Does this Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway have any prerequisites?
All skill levels are welcome to take this Scrum Master Fundamentals non-credit Skills Pathway. There are no prerequisites required before taking this Pathway.
Can the Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway help me prepare for a certification exam?
This Skills Pathway helps prepare you to test for Professional Scrum Master I, (PSMI) certification. This Pathway is not endorsed by Scrum.org.
What is it like to take the Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway?
The Scrum Master Fundamentals Skills Pathway has four modules comprised of subjects like “Scrum core values” and “Scrum team accountability.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the Pathway to take about 4 hours, and all Pathways are 100% online and self-paced.