University of Phoenix is approved to operate in most U.S. states, territories and possessions, either through licensure, registration, general or specific approvals, consent or exemption.
- Alabama Commission on Higher Education
- Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
- Arkansas Department of Higher Education
- California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- Colorado Department of Higher Education, Commission on Higher Education
- Connecticut Office of Higher Education
- Delaware Department of Education
- Government of the District of Columbia, Education Licensure Commission
- Florida Commission for Independent Education
- Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
- State of Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program (HPEAP) from
- State of Hawaii, Office of the Governor
- Idaho State Board of Education
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Indiana Board for Proprietary Education
- Iowa College Student Aid Commission
- Kansas Board of Regents
- Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- State of Louisiana Board of Regents
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
- State of Michigan Department of Education, Postsecondary Services
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
- State of Missouri Coordinating Board of Higher Education
- Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
- Nevada State Commission on Postsecondary Education
- New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education
- New Mexico Higher Education Department
- Board of Governors for the University of North Carolina
- Ohio Board of Regents
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Oregon Office of Degree Authorization
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Consejo de Educación Superior de Puerto Rico/Puerto Rico Council on Higher Education
- South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Utah System of Higher Education State Board of Regents
- The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- State of Washington Higher Education Coordinating Board
- West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
- State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
- Wyoming Department of Education
University of Phoenix is subject to specific approval-related statements that are required by some states or provinces as follows:
Florida: Licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, License No. 2308.
Georgia: Authorized under the Nonpublic Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990.
Illinois: University of Phoenix is authorized to operate as a post-secondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, 1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, Illinois 62701-1377, www.ibhe.org.
Indiana: Fully authorized by the Indiana Commission for Postsecondary Proprietary Education. AC-0188. Indianapolis Campus: 7999 Knue Rd., Suites 100 & 500, Indianapolis, IN 46250; Northwest Indiana Campus: 8401 Ohio St., Merrillville, IN 46410.
Maryland: Registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Ohio: Registration Number 1154320. Cleveland Main Campus: 3401 Enterprise Pkwy., Ste. 250, Beachwood, OH 44122.
Oklahoma: University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (http://hlcommission.org). For more information about University of Phoenix accreditations and licensures, please visit http://www.phoenix.edu/about_us/accreditation.html.”
College credit granted by University of Phoenix. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
Puerto Rico: University of Phoenix operates under a renewal license granted by the Puerto Rico Council on Education.
South Carolina: Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education. South Carolina Campus: 1001 Pinnacle Point Dr., Columbia, SC 29223.
Tennessee: Knoxville Campus: 10133 Sherrill Blvd., Ste. 120, Knoxville, TN 37932. Memphis Campus: 65 Germantown Ct., Ste. 100, Cordova, TN 38018; Nashville Campus: 616 Marriott Dr., Ste. 150, Nashville, TN 37214; Chattanooga Learning Center: 1208 Pointe Centre Dr., Chattanooga, TN 37421. Clarksville Learning Center: 141 Chesapeake Dr., Clarksville, TN 37040; Murfreesboro Learning Center: 2615 Medical Center Pkwy., Murfreesboro, TN 37129.
Virginia: University of Phoenix is certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). Virginia Beach Learning Center 150 Central Park Avenue Virginia Beach, VA, 23462.