Filing a complaint in your state

Filing a complaint in your state University of Phoenix is regulated by a large number of state regulatory bodies. Students and members of the public may submit a complaint to the University’s Office of Dispute Management or may file an external complaint with the designated state regulatory agency. For Online students who reside in Arizona, Georgia, Washington or Wisconsin, students can file a complaint with their own state regulatory agency. All other Online students should file external complaints with the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

University of Phoenix is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) as a SARA member institution. The University has reciprocity with other SARA states for its distance education programs. Please visit the NC-SARA website for the most current list of states that participate in SARA.

Online students residing in a SARA state may appeal a complaint to the Arizona SARA Council (AZ SARA) for review after exhausting the institution’s internal complaint process. SARA complaints must first be submitted internally for resolution through the University’s Office of Dispute Management. The Arizona SARA Council will not review complaints regarding student grades or student code of conduct violations. For more information visit the AZ SARA Council website.

Office of Dispute Management