Environmental Commitment Statement
Every day hundreds of students complete their college education through University of Phoenix. Our students are located in all 50 states and across the globe. As one of the leading universities in the world, with both physical facilities and online classrooms, we should conduct our administrative operations and deliver education in an environmentally responsible manner.
As a corporate citizen, we understand that our business success is dependent upon the environment and the sustainability of the natural resources we all share. As an educational institution, we understand that we are responsible for educating today's environmental stewards and those of the future. We also know that we must practice continuous innovation to reduce the environmental costs of delivering higher education now and in the future.
Exercising our business and educational leadership, University of Phoenix will focus its efforts on the areas that afford us the opportunity to make the greatest impact.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Application of environmental performance indicators to all organizational units and to individual employees at all levels.
- Measurement of environmental performance through continuous auditing for progress towards and reporting on internal and external standards.
- Integration of environmental considerations into daily operations and business decision-making processes.
Energy and Climate Protection
- Efficient use of natural resources to minimize waste generation, including greenhouse gas emissions, through efforts that include telecommuting, recycling, use of innovative technologies and pollution prevention.
- Commitment to improving performance towards meeting set energy and climate protection goals.
- Promotion of effective environmental management by our vendors.
- Promotion of environmental policies and technologies through leadership and engagement with appropriate business, academic and public policy associations.
- Promotion of environmental education, practices and policies to employees, customers, faculty, students and the public.
- Promotion of models for learning that minimize the environmental costs associated with delivering higher education.