University of Phoenix helps you earn your degree as you pursue an advanced military role or civilian career.
We're here to support veterans, active-duty service members and their family members who are pursuing their education. Our military representatives know where you've been and where you want to go; many have military backgrounds and are specialized in the program you wish to pursue. We offer:
- Military representatives who understand the culture and lingo you’re used to because most have military backgrounds
- Special military tuition rates for active-duty, National Guard, Select Reserve servicemembers, military spouses and eligible dependents.
- Help navigating the application process for GI Bill® benefits and other financial aid
- Credit for your applicable military training and education
- A wide range of programs at all levels — from associate through doctoral
- An education that helps prepare you with the skills and knowledge you’ll need for professional life after the military
- Career transition resources, including an online tool that helps translate your military experience into corresponding civilian jobs
Whether attending a local campus or online, college for the military community is possible no matter where you are.
Degree programs popular with our military students
GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at benefits.va.gov/gibill.
*Maryland residents completing undergraduate degree programs will earn an emphasis rather than a concentration in a particular area of study.
No Federal or Marine Corps endorsement of advertisers or sponsors is implied.
Resources for everyone in our military community
Our goal is to provide the quality education, resources and support to help you successfully transition from military service to a civilian career.
Start your journey now
Letter from the President
View a letter from University President, Timothy Slottow, regarding UOPX’s return to providing the Tuition Assistance Program to active-duty service members.
Transition with ease
Why hire a veteran?
Listen to Garland Williams, featured speaker at HireVue's Digital Disruption conference in Park City, Utah.
University of Phoenix alumni and veteran Jeff Reeder discusses how his education and experience has helped him advance his career. The University salutes this everyday hero.