CCAF General Education Mobile (GEM) program
Honored to serve our nation’s Air Force military members
University of Phoenix is proud to be a part of the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) General Education Mobile (GEM) program.
We have a wide variety of courses that can be applied toward fulfilling this requirement. The courses listed below are 3 credit, 5 week courses that, through the GEM program, meet the CCAP’s GEM requirements:
- COMM/310 – Public Speaking
- COMM/110 – Introduction to Oral Communication
- ENG/215 – Effective Academic Writing
- ENG/220 – University Academic Writing
- MTH/208 – College Mathematics I
- PSY/103 – Introduction to Psychology
- SOC/100 – Introduction to Sociology
- HST/155 – U.S History to 1865
- HST/165 – U.S History 1865 to 1945
- HST/175 – The American Experience since 1945
- POL/215 – State & Local Political Processes
- ECO/212 – Principles Of Economics
- GEO/215 – Geography
- REL/133 – World Religious Traditions I
- HUM/100 – Introduction to Humanities I (Ancient World to Medieval Time)
- PHL/251 – Critical Thinking
- HUM/102 – Intro to the Humanities II (Renaissance to the Present)
- HUM/105 – World Mythology
Courses generally start monthly, so you can pursue your education according to your schedule. For answers to questions about the program, contact Dave Hanson at 602.713.1835, or via email.
Benefits for students serving in the Air Force:
- Over 900 staff members trained to work with military-affiliated students.
- An online library of vast resources to help with research and class projects.
- Military specific resources for our service member students and their spouses.
- Special tuition options available to members of the Armed Services.
Whether you’re stationed stateside or overseas, we’re here to help you receive the quality education you deserve
|Associate of Arts - Professional Focus (AAPF)||$750 per course||$750 per course|
|All other Associate of Arts Degrees||$250 per credit||$250 per credit|
|Undergraduate||$250 per credit||$250 per credit|
|Graduate Nursing||$475 per credit||$475 per credit|
|Graduate Education||$475 per credit||$390 per credit|
|Graduate Counseling||$550 per credit||$465 per credit|
|All Other Graduate Programs||$575 per credit||$475 per credit|
|Doctoral/PhD||$650 per credit||N / A|
No Federal or Marine Corps endorsement of advertisers or sponsors is implied. The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement. While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Certificate programs are widely available in an online format but generally not available at our campus locations. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.