Preventing suicide using the Columbia-Suicide Severity Scale
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 41,149 suicides in 2013. To help educate the community about depression and suicide, University of Phoenix will partner with Columbia University to co-host a free 90 minute webinar for educators, faculty and staff discussing the broader awareness of depression and suicide and the role public health plays in identifying factors that reduce the risk of suicide or engaging in suicidal behavior. Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be presented a Certificate of Learning.
Webinar topics include:
- What are some of the risk factors associated with suicide?
- What are suicide warning signs?
- What should you do if someone tells you they are thinking about suicide?
- What are the more effective ways of training incoming staff and faculty to become effective change agents in reducing suicide risk?
- What resources are available to help those who have been impacted by suicide?
The webinar will be hosted by Adam Lesser, Deputy Directory at the Center for Suicide Risk Assessment at Columbia University. Lesser has published and presented training across the country, and consulted business and organizations internationally on suicide prevention for several years.
Thursday, May 26 at 10:00 a.m. MST
For more information, or to register, visit: