acc455 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
- Distinguish between current and accumulated earnings and profits.
- Calculate earnings and profits.
- Determine the tax consequences of nonliquidating property distributions and stock dividends.
- Determine the tax consequence of the redemption of stock.
Tax Law Basics, Business Structures, and Formation of a Corporation
- Compare advantages and disadvantages of alternate forms of business.
- Explain the process of applying check-the-box regulations in determining the business entity election.
- Determine the tax consequences of forming a corporation.
- Describe the sources of tax law and the role of the IRS and courts in interpreting and shaping tax law.
Corporate Tax Elections and Operations
- Analyze the basic tax elections available to the corporation.
- Apply deductions unique to corporations to compute corporate taxable income.
- Identify tax preference items and adjustments in the context of the alternative minimum tax.
Basics of Flow-Through Entities (S Corporations and Partnerships)
- Compare the tax law requirements for the formations of an S corporation and partnership.
- Determine which items are separately stated and items included in ordinary income of an S corporation and partnership.
- Calculate the ownersâ distributive share and ownersâ basis.
Distributions and Termination of Interests in S Corporations and Partnerships
- Distinguish between liquidating and nonliquidating distributions.
- Explain the process of terminating an S election and the tax consequences of the termination.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.