ajs574 | Graduate
Finance And Budgeting In Justice And Security
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Present and Projected Cost of Services
- Analyze public policy and trends related to budgets at local, state, and federal levels.
- Explain the components of a budget control system.
- Determine present and future cost of criminal justice and security operational services.
Financial Contingency Planning and Sustainability
- Explain the concept of financial contingency planning.
- Identify the sources of temporary assistance, funding, and assets.
- Describe the budgetary impact on the cost of catastrophic events.
Capital Procurement and Strategic Budget Strategies
- Describe multi-year capital procurement, bonds, public safety initiatives, and state and federal grant processes.
- Evaluate how an organization's current and future operational policies affect budgets.
- Develop the cost of organizational operational options.
- Evaluate long-term financial alternatives using financial analysis.
- Identify challenges when creating new program budgets.
Financial Management Principles
- Recommend organizational alternatives using financial analysis.
- Explain the importance of making informed financial decisions.
- Identify the key players in the local, state, and federal budget process.
- Explain key financial decision-making tools.
- Evaluate financial analysis methods.
- Describe the different cost descriptors.
- Explain the ethical implications of managing a criminal justice agency budget.
- Differentiate the competitive-bid and sole source justification processes.
- Apply cost-benefit analysis to an organizational situation.
Annual Budget, Mid-Year Review, and Short-Term Techniques
- Assess inventory and infrastructure costs.
- Compare budget management techniques.
- Evaluate methods of short-term budget analysis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.