cis293 | undergraduate
Network Troubleshooting And Support
topic title goes here
- Describe the troubleshooting process for wired and wireless networks and the appropriate tools.
- Explain the troubleshooting process for resolving common network performance issues using the appropriate diagnostic tools.
- Explain the troubleshooting approach for Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) and the appropriate tools.
- Identify the various types of network cables and connectors.
- Define the characteristics of fiber optic, twisted pair and coaxial connectors, and cabling.
- Distinguish between internet connection types and network types.
- Explain network architecture devices, including their functions and features.
- Describe how to use the Open System Interconnection (OSI) model to troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Explain the properties and characteristics of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Summarize the appropriate uses of TCP and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) in network design.
Network Security and Management Tools
- Discuss the relationship between Wi-Fi networking standards and encryption types.
- Explain the appropriate uses of common network diagnostic tools.
- Select appropriate networking tools for a given scenario.
- Define a security plan appropriate for a small office/home office (SOHO) wired/wireless network for a given scenario.
Design, Install, and Configure a Network
- Design a Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) network layout using appropriate physical and logical network functions that meets given requirements.
- Define the testing protocols for a new network installation, including the use of appropriate tools.
- Define the steps to successfully install a SOHO wireless/wired router and other network devices.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.