cmgt431 | undergraduate
Information Systems Security
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Cryptography and Legal Considerations
- Evaluate the use of digital signatures to secure systems.
- List common components of various laws covering system security.
- Describe and apply forensic investigative processes.
- Explain and apply specific cryptography algorithms used to mitigate threats to enterprise systems.
Operations, Physical, and Environmental Security
- Explain the various access control categories and privileges applied to securing operational business assets.
- Explain the various access control categories and privileges applied to securing physical business assets.
- Describe how to handle compromised security at various levels.
Security Architecture Design and Telecommunications and Network Security
- Describe the various telecommunication and network technologies, their vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
- Explain the various security models in use today.
- Discuss threats and countermeasures to a variety of computer hardware and software architectures.
Security, Risk, and Access Control
- Explain the process of analyzing and evaluating enterprise security risk.
- Describe major security and risk issues associated with an enterprise system
- Explain the major access control processes and how they are used to protect information systems.
- List and explain the 10 domain areas of the CISSP® certification.
Application Security and Business Continuity
- Define the types of applications that need to be secured.
- Match specific threats to these application types with their related mitigation steps.
- Describe security in relation to the software development life cycle.
- Explain the purpose of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Identify and create the major components of a business continuity or disaster recovery plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.