comm110 | undergraduate
Introduction To Oral Communication
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Characteristics of Effective Oral Presentations
- Perform a constructive critique of a presentation.
- Identify the verbal and nonverbal characteristics of effective presentation delivery.
- Determine effective use of visual aids for a presentation.
The Group: Presenting and Listening
- Describe methods to improve listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective group presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the effective use of media in a group presentation.
Public Speaking: Basics and Ethics
- Explain the basic elements of the speech communication process.
- Recognize the signs of speech anxiety.
- Describe the guidelines for ethical speaking.
Speech Preparation: Organization and Audience Analysis
- Explain audience analysis for presentations.
- Select the topic for a speech, given the task and the audience.
- Differentiate the four methods for delivering oral presentations.
- Apply proper organization for an informative presentation.
Presenting the Speech
- Use effective language in an oral presentation.
- Use effective supporting visual material in an oral presentation.
- Demonstrate effective persuasion skills for an oral presentation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.