cpss415 | undergraduate
Working With Juvenile Offenders
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Measurement of Juvenile Offenders
- Summarize trends in crime and delinquency.
- Interpret the Uniform Crime Report and explore other major data sources in delinquency.
- Differentiate challenges faced by male and female offenders.
- Demonstrate how prevention and control of delinquency are measured.
Juvenile Classification System and Community-Based Treatment
- Analyze the juvenile court process and correctional treatment options for juveniles.
- Examine juvenilesâ attitudes toward police and the legal rights of juveniles.
- Analyze juvenile probation and its impact on community-based treatment.
- Compare types of community-based treatment.
Community Supervision Strategies and Working with Juvenile Offenders
- Explain strategies for the correctional treatment of juvenile offenders.
- Examine the legal rights of confined juveniles.
- Analyze juvenile probation practices.
- Differentiate types of treatment options for juvenile offenders.
Family and Other Juvenile Offender Challenges
- Discuss the familyâs influence on delinquency.
- Explain the effects of child abuse and neglect.
- Summarize the Family and Delinquency Control Policy.
- Explore external factors related to delinquency.
History and Overview of Juvenile Justice
- Describe the juvenile justice system in America today and the development of juvenile institutions.
- Discuss juvenile delinquency and what it means to be at risk.
- Explore the social changes in juvenile justice over time and social process theories.
- Define the developmental theories of delinquency and prevention strategies.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.