dat390 | undergraduate
Database Integration With Other Systems
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Complex Query Development and Optimization
- Develop appropriate Schema SQL statements.
- Identify the appropriate optimization strategy that incorporates best practices and design considerations of a database system.
- Evaluate queries for distributed data sources, source descriptions, and limitations.
Data Warehouse Integration and Data Replication
- Recommend the appropriate database connectivity technology for given business scenario.
- Transform data structured under a source schema into data structured under a different target schema.
- Evaluate data relationships across data sources.
- Prepare a database for integration with an Internet application.
Data Warehouse Tools to Populate and Recover Data
- Prepare data, including data cleaning, for integration into a data warehouse environment.
- Evaluate database incompleteness, inconsistency, nulls, and consistent query answers.
- Recommend the appropriate data exchange option using appropriate source-to-target dependencies.
- Develop appropriate data preservation strategy for a data warehouse.
Data Warehouse Reporting and Analytics
- Assess semi-structured data in relational DBMS.
- Apply appropriate analytic techniques for data sets in a given business scenario.
- Integrate the appropriate business intelligence tools into the data warehouse given selection considerations in a business case.
- Utilize ongoing and appropriate query optimization and rewriting for a given database system.
Schema and Data Definitions; Relationships and Discrepancies
- Prepare a schema matching and mapping appropriate for a business case.
- Develop appropriate metadata for a database system.
- Resolve conflicts between heterogeneous data sources.
- Resolve schematic discrepancies.
- Validate data quality and provenance for use in a distributed database system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.