edu301 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Education
topic title goes here
History of Education in the United States
- Define the federal and state government’s involvement in education.
- Describe the evolution of American education from the colonial period to the present.
Issues and Trends in Education
Examine the influence of diversity on education.
- Identify current issues and trends in education.
- Examine how social issues have impacted education.
Philosophies of Education
- Develop a personal philosophy of education.
- Examine the branches of educational philosophy.
- Differentiate among the philosophical ideas of education.
- Relate educational philosophy to classroom practice.
- Identify the organizational structure of the American educational system.
Technology in Education
- Use program-specific technology tools.
- Identify the various technology tools available for use in the educational setting.
- Describe appropriate management and use of technology in the classroom.
- Explain the role of an elementary teacher.
- Examine the uses of professional portfolios.
- Describe professional development opportunities for elementary teachers.
- Review the University of Phoenix program standards.
- Identify state and national standards for teachers.
- Relate the NEA Code of Ethics to personal beliefs about teaching.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.