educ526 | Graduate
Overview Of Adolescent Psychology
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Diversity Factors and Social Issues
- Explain factors that may cause stress in adolescents.
- Analyze changes in self-concept and self-esteem during adolescence.
- Identify patterns of interaction among diverse groups of adolescents.
- Describe the racial and ethnic composition of adolescents in the United States.
- Identify potential causes of and interventions for adolescent alienation.
- Describe the physiological and sociological effects of alcohol, narcotics, prescription drugs, and tobacco on adolescents.
- Analyze common sexual behavior characteristics in adolescent development.
Theoretical and Social Context
- Identify the leading human development theorists and their theories.
- Compare traditional and current views of adolescent and cognitive development.
- Explain the role of the evolving influences of education, technology, safety, and family in adolescent development.
Adolescent Development: Physical, Cognitive, Moral, Social, and Emotional
- Identify the stages of physical development in adolescents.
- Recognize cognitive, moral, social, and emotional development in adolescents.
- Analyze moral reasoning and self-control in adolescent development.
- Describe how adolescent societies, cultures, subcultures, and peers influence moral and social development.
Adolescent Relationships and Communication
- Describe the influence of peer relationships on adolescent development.
- Compare adolescent and family relationships with adolescent and peer group relationships.
- Analyze how media affects adolescents.
- Explain how family and peer relationships shape adolescent educational and vocational decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.