fin591 | Graduate
Real Estate Investment
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Analyzing the Risks and Rewards of Existing and Proposed Real Estate Projects
- Evaluate potential real estate investments using financial analysis tools.
- Evaluate lease provisions for commercial and residential real estate.
- Determine strategies to manage risks in real estate investment.
Decision-Making Criteria in Today’s Real Estate Investment Environment
- Identify sources of profit from residential real estate investment.
- Determine profit and loss by calculating gross income and operating expenses.
- Analyze factors involved in determining fair market value and capitalization of commercial real estate.
- Determine ethical considerations in the real estate industry.
- Determine strategies for financing residential investment property.
- Recommend strategies for structuring commercial real estate deals. Determine strategies for financing residential investment property.
- Determine sources of commercial real estate financing.
Real Estate Financial Analysis and Valuation
- Develop strategic plans to acquire commercial investment property.
- Determine the market value of residential real estate.
- Develop strategic plans to acquire residential investment property.
Diversification of Real Estate Assets
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of development and rehab of commercial investments.
- Identify the different types of residential properties that are available to the real estate investor.
- Describe the pros and cons of investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).
Real Estate Taxation
- Determine tax and estate planning strategies for real estate investments.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.