topic title goes here
Epidemiology Concepts – Measurement of Health Status
- Define epidemiology and its relationship to public and community health.
- Discuss the uses and effects of demographic data, surveillance data, and vital statistics in public and community health.
Factors Affecting Public and Community Health
- Identify environmental factors that influence the health and wellness of populations.
- Describe current communicable disease threats and efforts to control their effects.
- Explain the influence of lifestyles, socioeconomic status, and community resources on public and community health.
Foundation of Public and Community Health
- Describe the structure and function of public and community health at national, state, and local levels.
- Define public and community health.
- Explain the historical development of public and community health.
Assessment of Health Status in Defined Population Cohorts
- Identify resources, services, and health care interventions that contribute to a community’s health and wellness.
- Identify population cohorts in public and community health.
- Describe national, state, and local health objectives.
Strategies for Health Promotion
- Discuss the effect of global health issues.
- Identify future trends in public and community health.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.