hcs483 | undergraduate
Health Care Information Systems
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Information System Acquisition and Strategic Alignment
- Explain the system selection and acquisition process.
- Describe the relationship between system selection and strategic goals.
- Identify stakeholders and their influence on system purchase and use.
- Describe information systems in the health care setting.
Information System Implementation
- Identify roles and responsibilities in system implementation.
- Describe the implementation process in the health care setting.
Information System Evaluation
- Identify management’s role in information technology initiatives.
- Describe strategies to evaluate system effectiveness.
- Describe the benefits of information systems that support quality initiatives.
Integrating Health Care Information Systems
- Explain how information systems are used across the continuum of care.
- Explain the need for education and training on the use of technology within health care.
- Identify future trends in health care technology.
Introduction to Health Care Information Technology
- Identify types of health care information.
- Describe the types of technology used in health care.
- Examine the impact of technology on health care.
- Explain security risks and privacy safeguards related to health care technology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.