This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Power of Sounds and Images – Music, Radio, Television, Games, and Film
- Assess how entertainment media affect American values.
- Analyze the influence of entertainment media on social behavior.
- Explain the reflective relationship between American culture and various entertainment media.
The News Media – Journalism and Democracy
- Assess how information media affect American values.
- Explain the social responsibilities of the news media.
- Evaluate the transformative effect of electronic media on journalism.
- Describe the role of the news media in politics.
The Formative Influence of Mass Media on American Culture
- Explain the implications of media convergence.
- Identify the effects of mass media on American culture.
- Summarize the evolution of mass media.
- Describe the value of media literacy.
Advertising and the Culture of Consumerism
- Explain the role of advertising in a culture of consumerism.
- Outline key persuasive techniques used in consumer advertising.
- Identify critical issues in advertising.
The Significance of the Internet and Social Media
- Explain the implications of easily obtainable information.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of social media.
- Assess credibility issues regarding information on the Internet.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.