mpa503 | Graduate
Public Administration Institutions And Processes
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Intergovernmental Relations and Public Policy
- Analyze intergovernmental relations.
- Identify public policy-making and strategic planning models and theories.
- Explain the role of public and private partnership in the development of policy.
- Describe the application of federalism in public policy.
Fiscal Sources and Public Policy Implementation
- Explain budgeting and finance processes in the public sector.
- Describe fiscal federalism related to public policy at local and state levels.
- Identify sources and uses of revenue for public agencies and organizations.
Public Sector Ethics
- Explain the importance of ethics in the public sector.
- Describe how public sector morals and ethics may vary.
Public Service and the MPA
- Describe the philosophy and evolution of public administration.
- Evaluate theories and models of public administration.
Local Government and Organizational Theory
- Evaluate the organizational strategic decision making functions of local governments.
- Identify the organizational forces on decision making in public agencies and organizations.
- Explain how local politics influences public policy and administration.
- Explain how human behavior influences public policy and administration.
State Government and Human Capital
- Identify the general structure and functions of state governments.
- Explain how state government agencies and organizations interact with local government.
- Describe the role of public agencies and organizations in the public sector.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.