mth280 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Chain Rule and Related Rates
- Calculate the derivative of multivariable expressions, implicit differentiation.
- Derive rates of change from related known rates of change.
- Approximate derivatives using linearization.
- Find the derivative of the composition of two functions.
Graphing and Applications
- Use the Mean Value Theorem to find the derivative of a continuous function.
- Determine critical points and points of inflection of functions with derivatives.
- Use derivatives to find extreme values of functions.
- Find local extrema using the first derivative of a monotonic function.
More Applications of Derivatives
- Solve applied optimization problems.
- Approximate a solution to an equation using Newton’s method.
- Recover the antiderivative of simple polynomial and trigonometric functions.
Calculus I Concept Review
- Apply the concepts presented in this course.
Functions and Rates of Change
- Use limit laws to find limits of functions.
- Recognize mathematical functions from graphs.
- Determine the effects of operations on a graph.
- Graph trigonometric functions.
- Calculate slopes of tangent lines at given points.
Limits and Continuity
- Calculate one-sided limits.
- Calculate limits of functions.
- Determine the continuity of functions at given points.
- Identify asymptotes of graphs.
- Compute the derivative of trigonometric functions.
- Compute the derivatives of linear, quadratic, and polynomial functions.
- Find the derivative of the sum and difference of two functions.
- Find the derivative of the ratio and the product of two functions.
- Recognize derivatives as rates of change.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.