sci209 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
- Identify the main surface and deep-ocean currents.
- Describe the changes in waves as they approach the shore and break.
- Explain how the ocean–atmosphere relationship influences weather and climate.
- Explain the unique adaptations of marine organisms.
- Compare primary productivity in the polar, tropical, and temperate oceans.
- Assess the effects of overfishing on an ocean environment.
Introduction and Overview
- Classify the chemical composition and physical properties of Earth.
- Describe the origin of life as related to oceanography.
- Describe modern tools and techniques used in oceanic research.
- Compare methods by which scientists alter seawater.
- Explain the chemical and physical properties of seawater.
- Identify the main types of marine pollution.
- Distinguish between continental drift and plate tectonics.
- Identify divergent, convergent, and transform boundary features.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.