sus300 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Sustainable Land and Food
- Examine sustainability issues involved in global food supply.
- Describe the major threats to land sustainability.
- Explain the characteristics of a sustainable food supply.
Introduction to Sustainability
- Determine the need for local and global cooperation.
- Assess the economic and sociopolitical dimensions of sustainability.
Sustainability of Water
- Describe the importance of water.
- Describe basic treatment processes for contaminated waters.
- Assess the effect of the hydrologic cycle on water supplies.
- Explain the impact of waste on global sustainability.
- Compare current methods of recycling, reducing, and reusing waste.
- Assess alternative strategies to manage waste.
Alternative Energies and Sustainable Design
- Analyze current alternative energies.
- Propose alternative designs.
- Explain the application of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED™) to sustainable design.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.