tesol573 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain the needs of English language learners in content assessments.
- Explain basic assessment concepts and types that measure language acquisition.
- Evaluate the assessment of diverse students at local, state, and national levels.
- Illustrate the connections between instructional methods and assessments.
- Summarize the history of teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- Identify the role and application of linguistic knowledge in teaching language.
- Explain the phases of language development.
- Contrast different types of grammar.
- Differentiate language universals.
- Illustrate theories of language acquisition.
- Compare first and second language acquisition.
- Identify the mechanisms of language acquisition.
- Apply the developmental stages of language acquisition to instructional methods.
- Summarize the role of those who teach English to speakers of other languages.
Grammatical Aspects of Language
- Identify various sound patterns of language.
- Identify the communication needs of English language learners.
- Explain morphology as it applies to language instruction.
- Analyze rules of syntax and the implications for English language learners.
- Explain phonology as it applies to language instruction.
- Define multicultural education as it relates to language acquisition.
- Describe how to support students as their cultural identities change.
- Describe the social and cultural needs of students learning English.
- Determine methods to reduce prejudice and discrimination in multicultural classrooms.
- Enhance the academic achievement of diverse students.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.