- Continuing Education
- Individual courses
Find a course
Looking for something other than a degree program? If there's an online college course you need to take right now, find it at University of Phoenix. From transfer credits to fulfillment of industry-recognized requirements, our individual courses can help you achieve your objectives.
We offer a vast selection of college courses at the associate, bachelor's and master's degree levels. Our for-credit courses can help you fulfill educational and professional goals, such as:
- Earning general elective credits to transfer into a degree program at another college or university*
- Completing master's-level courses for continuing teacher education requirements
- Achieving industry-recognized education prerequisites for the CPA exam** or other professional certifications
- Keeping certain licensures current, or just for deeper understanding of topics in your field of interest
Enrolling in an individual course is also a great introduction to our unique student experience. Our online course selection includes many of the same courses that are offered in our degree programs. Associate-level courses are offered online and last nine weeks, while bachelor's and master's courses are available online, or on campus in many locations — and typically last five to six weeks.
College transfer credits
If you plan to transfer credits to a degree program at another institution, or want to apply credits to continuing education requirements in your career field, please be sure to check with the receiving organization first to confirm that credit is accepted at your educational institution.
Take the next step in your education — and your future. Select an area of study and a course from the search tool on the left of this page, or sign up to speak with an Enrollment Advisor to learn more about our individual courses.
Our popular college courses
* Associate, bachelor's and master's courses are academic, for-credit courses. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student's choice. Individual courses are not eligible for federal financial aid.
** Each state sets forth standards required to be eligible to take the CPA exam and apply for licensure or certification as a CPA. While these courses were designed with consideration for the standards proposed by the National Association of State Boards of Accounting (NASBA), University of Phoenix cannot, and will not, provide any assurance that completion of these courses will allow a successful student to qualify within the student's specific jurisdiction. Potential applicants should check with the appropriate organization within their jurisdiction to determine if these courses, combined with their undergraduate degree and any other specific criteria, meet the requirements to qualify for examination in that specific jurisdiction. States frequently change their requirements for examination. There is no assurance that at the time of courses completion the specific jurisdiction's requirements will be consistent with the requirements at the time of admission.
While widely available, not all courses are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor. More information about admissions requirements can be found in the Academic Catalog.