Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
This course explores Search Engine Optimization (SEO), the process of optimizing a web page and its content to increase its visibility amongst users searching for keywords relevant to your site. Learn about powerful strategies and web-based tools that can be leveraged to gain valuable insights into your web traffic and how to improve your site’s user experience.
Skills you'll learn:
Relate important website attributes and components to their impact on the visibility of the site
Interpret basic analytics reports for relevant trends and prospective website issues
Develop a refined list of effective keywords related to a topic of interest
Evaluate Google Ads data to identify opportunities of iterative improvement to your digital ads or target website
Google Ads analysis and application
Google Analytics analysis and application
Website component contribution evaluation and application
Keyword analysis and application
What's included in this course:
- Self-paced, 100% online
- 4 job-ready skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
- Access to course for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
- Course Overview
- Getting Started
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
- Lesson 1: History of Search Engines and Directories
- Lesson 1 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 1
- On the Web 1: Comparing Search Engine Results
- Lesson 2: Understanding How Search Engines Work
- Lesson 2 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 2
- On the Web 2: StatCounter
- Lesson 3: Creating Killer Keyword Lists
- Lesson 3 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 3
- On the Web 3: Google Trends
- Lesson 4: Presubmission Analysis: Figuring Out Which Keywords Are the Right Ones
- Lesson 4 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 4
- On the Web 4: Keyword Lists
- Skills Assessment 1: Keywords
- Skills Assessment Primer: Keyword Effectiveness Indicator
- Skills Assessment: Keyword Effectiveness Indicator
- Lesson 5: Important HTML Tags to Master
- Lesson 5 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 5
- On the Web 5: WC3 Schools
- Lesson 6: Content Layout and Keyword Usage
- Lesson 6 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 6
- On the Web 6: Google Webmaster
- Lesson 7: Web Hosting, URLs, and Mobile Optimization
- Lesson 7 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 7
- On the Web 7: Effective URLs
- Lesson 8: Spamming Tricks to Avoid
- Lesson 8 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 8
- On the Web 8: Google Webmaster Spam Report
- Skills Assessment 2: Website Components and Contributions
- Assessment Primer: Website Components & SEO Contribution
- Skills Assessment: Website Components & SEO Contribution
- Lesson 9: Submitting Your Site
- Lesson 9 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 9
- On the Web 9: XML Sitemaps
- Lesson 10: Track Your Progress With a Post-Submission Analysis
- Lesson 10 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 10
- On the Web: Google Analytics
- Skills Assessment 3: Google Analytics
- Skills Assessment 3 Learning Materials
- Skills Assessment : Google Analytics Reports Output & Interpretation of Analytics Data
- Lesson 11: Powerful Online Promotion Techniques
- Lesson 11 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 11
- On the Web 11: Google Adwords Test Account
- Lesson 12: Effective Offline and Online Promotion Techniques
- Lesson 12 Learning Materials
- Knowledge Check - Lesson 12
- On the Web 12: Website Promotion
- Skills Assessment 4: Google Ads
- Skills Assessment 4 Learning Materials
- Skills Assessment Interpretation of Google Ads
- Course Conclusion
- Course Conclusion
Tools and resources you can access after purchasing:
Social Media Strategy Template
A fillable template that outlines all critical sections of a standard social media strategy.
Social Media Flowchart PDF
A diagram that assists business owners in selecting a social media platform based upon their business needs.
SOCIAL Process PDF
Step-by-step process that learners can follow that describes how they can use social media to grow their business.
Social Media Dashboard Template
Template to track social media postings and performance.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®¹ , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
¹ LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Courses you may be interested in:
Frequently asked questions
Who should take the Introduction to Search Engine Optimization professional development class?
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization is for any individual interested in learning about optimizing websites and researching keywords. This course was designed to help you grow your career in the digital marketing field.
Why should I purchase the Introduction to Search Engine Optimization course?
Purchasing this course can be a great first step in building your search engine optimization skills. Consider purchasing Introduction to Search Engine Optimization if you're interested in learning more about how to optimize websites and the impact keywords have on rankings.
Is there an application process for taking the Introduction to Search Engine Optimization course?
Everyone is welcome to take our Introduction to Search Engine Optimization course. No application is necessary.
Does Introduction to Search Engine Optimization have any prerequisites?
All levels are welcome to take Introduction to Search Engine Optimization. There are no prerequisites for this non-credit course.
What is it like to take the Introduction to Search Engine Optimization course?
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization has twelve modules comprised of subjects like “understanding how search engines work.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.
How much does the Introduction to Search Engine Optimization course cost?
$149.99 with a 7-Day Satisfaction Guarantee or your money back.
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.