Social Media Marketing Track
Discover the advantages and outcomes of paid social media – how it can be used to gain new customers, build brand awareness and meet business objectives. Build strategic social media marketing campaigns on popular social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram.
What's included in this track:
- 2 professional development courses
- Help prep for 1 certification exam
- Flexible, self-paced, 100% online
- Access to courses for 1 year
- No prerequisites required
- 7-day Satisfaction Guarantee
Can help prepare for 1 industry certification exams: 1
- Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate
1 This track is not endorsed by Facebook or Google, LLC.
Courses in the Social Media Marketing Track
Courses start with the foundations of social media marketing, dive into planning and executing social media marketing campaigns and interpreting campaign results. Then learn how paid social media can be strategically used to meet marketing and business goals.
- Identify social media platforms and distinguish applications based upon platform affordances
- Assess planning and execution of social media marketing campaigns for viability and effectiveness, given specific market and campaign parameters
- Interpret relevant analytics regarding campaign performance for a given metric and campaign goal
- Evaluate Social Media Marketing Plan elements for a given set of marketing goals and limitations and conditions
- Evaluate the specific advantages and outcomes associated with paid social media marketing efforts
- Outline a strategic campaign using multiple social media platforms, target audience, competitors and budget
- Advertise on other social media platforms, including: Twitter® platform, TikTok, Snapchat ™ app, Reddit® website, and LinkedIn® Corporation²
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of paid social media marketing campaigns
Jobs that align with the Social Media Marketing Track
Are you looking for new skills to help prepare for new opportunities? Or are you a marketing professional ready to take your skills to the next level? The Social Media Marketing Track combined with popular industry certifications can help provide the credentials you need to enhance your career. Skills covered in this track are requested in job postings by employers in the digital marketing field.
Emsi Burning Glass, a labor market analytics firm, reports estimated social media marketing job postings in the United States for entry, mid-level and advanced jobs on a rolling 12-month basis.Estimated Job Postings
The following job titles are included in the EMSI/Burning Glass report:
- Social Media Specialists
- Social Media Coordinators
- Social Media Managers
- Social Media Community Managers
- Social Media Marketing Managers
- Social Media Strategists
2 LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Reddit is a registered trademark of Reddit, Inc., Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates, Snapchat is a registered trademark of Snap, Inc.
3 This data may not reflect your local market conditions for each job title provided. It is not intended to predict future market conditions related to these job titles as market conditions are dynamic and can change. The University of Phoenix makes no representation as to the number or level of jobs available when you complete your track. Additional skills that are not covered in this course may be required for specific jobs. Job positions vary based on multiple factors, including prior work experience, education, geographic location, and other factors specific to the individual. We do not guarantee employment, salary level, or career advancement.
Frequently asked questions
What is the refund policy
Your purchase is risk free for 7 days or your money back – you may request a refund at any time for any reason via email within 7 days of purchase and you’ll be granted a refund. After 7 days, no refunds will be granted. To request a refund, please contact the professional development team at email@example.com. You will lose access to the course or track once your refund begins processing.
When can I start?
You can immediately access and begin learning after completing your purchase.
What do I need to get started?
It’s simple! 1. Sign up with either your personal email or a social media account. 2. Pay for your course(s) or track(s) with a credit card and begin learning.
How do I access my courses or tracks?
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.