Transforming Virtual Teaching
Enhance your virtual teaching skills and discover how to lead effective online learning experiences that ensure equity and inclusion. Strengthen your knowledge of good design principles, learn skills taxonomies and how to facilitate dynamic virtual learning communities.
Skills you'll learn:
Identify strategies to develop strong online learning experiences
Select proper facilitation strategies that align to learning goals
Leverage technology to engage users and improve virtual learning
Design online learning experiences to promote equity, inclusion, and wellness
Online learning strategies
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
About 30 total hours · 4 modules
- Course Introduction
- Course Welcome
- Getting Started
- Module 1: Strategies for Online Learning Experiences | 9 hours
- Introduction to Strategies for Online Learning Experiences
- Shifting to Online Teaching, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and Meeting Lesson Objectives
- Online Learning Strategy Ideas and Concepts
- Online Learning Strategy Key Terms
- Strategies for Online Learning Experiences Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Selecting Appropriate Facilitation Strategies | 6 hours
- Introduction to Selecting Appropriate Facilitation Strategies
- Student Engagement, Fostering Knowledge, and Equitable Assessment
- Facilitation Strategy Ideas and Concepts
- Facilitation Strategy Key Terms
- Selecting Appropriate Facilitation Strategies Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Leveraging Technologies to Improve Learning | 8 hours
- Introduction to Leveraging Technologies to Improve Learning
- Building Community, Inclusive Classrooms, and Virtual Feedback
- Improving Learning Through Technology Ideas and Concepts
- Improving Learning Through Technology Key Terms
- Leveraging Technologies to Improve Learning Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Design for Equity, Inclusion, and Wellness | 7 hours
- Introduction to Design for Providing Structure, Creating Culturally Responsive Classrooms, and Supporting Learner Health
- Providing Structure, Creating Culturally Responsive Classrooms, and Supporting Learner Health
- Equity, Inclusion, and Wellness Design Ideas and Concepts
- Equity, Inclusion, and Wellness Design Key Terms
- Design for Equity, Inclusion, and Wellness Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources you can access after purchasing:
Lesson Plan Template for Virtual Classroom
A fillable PDF template that teachers can use to write lesson plans for the virtual environment that includes sections for each component of the lesson plan (e.g., standards, objectives, materials/resources, use of technology, supports, assessments).
Free Templates and Resources
A PDF list of links teachers can use to access free educational templates and resources, such as Google Slide templates, PowerPoint themes, Bitmoji scenes and backgrounds, a virtual classroom toolkit, and more.
Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy
A PDF visual of Bloom’s taxonomy that includes Bloom’s taxonomy, Bloom’s modified taxonomy, Bloom’s extended digital taxonomy, functional levels, and activities with digital tools.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®¹, when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
¹ LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Who is the Transforming Virtual Teaching professional development course right for?
The Transforming Virtual Teaching professional development course may be the right choice if you are interested in learning about identifying strategies to develop online learning experiences. The course may also help you grow your career in the education field.
Why should I purchase this Transforming Virtual Teaching course?
When you purchase the Transforming Virtual Teaching course, you are taking a great first step in growing your knowledge of good design principles and learning skill taxonomies. You should purchase this course if you're interested in learning how to facilitate dynamic virtual learning communities.
Do I need to apply for this course?
Everyone is welcome to take this Transforming Virtual Teaching professional development course. No application is necessary.
Does this Transforming Virtual Teaching course have any required prerequisites?
All levels and skillsets are welcome to take our Transforming Virtual Teaching non-credit course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
What is it like to participate in the professional development Transforming Virtual Teaching course?
Our Transforming Virtual Teaching course has four modules comprised of subjects like “strategies for online learning experiences.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.
How much does it cost to take the Transforming Virtual Teaching course?
$149.99 with a 7-Day Satisfaction Guarantee or your money back.
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.