Corporate Learning Design
Explore how to enhance the corporate learning experience – effectively engaging your colleagues and helping employees grow. This Skills Pathway teaches the principles of instructional design to help you understand the steps of corporate training. Explore how to discover what needs to be learned and how to review a completed training program for its effectiveness.
This Program, ID No. 616236 , has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This Skills Pathway aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge¹
¹SHRM is a registered trademark of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Skills you'll learn:
Effectively conduct a needs assessment for potential training solutions
Develop impactful learning experiences using key strategies
Evaluate the effectiveness of learning initiatives for business impact
Affect organizational change by applying effective career development strategies
Career development strategies
- Self-paced, 100% online
- Eligible for recertification credits
- 4 career-relevant skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish in approx. 30 hrs
- Access for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California: Professional Development Skills Pathways are not available to California residents.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Eligible for recertification credits
Get recertification credits
This Program, ID No. 616236, has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This course offers 30 Professional Development credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Getting Started
- Course Welcome
- Learning in the Workplace
- Module 2: Implement an Effective Needs Assessment
- Introduction to Evaluating Organizational Learning Needs
- Needs Assessment Key Terms
- Knowledge Corner: Needs Assessment
- Human Resource Planning, Talent Assessment, and Development Frameworks
- Needs Assessment Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Identify Instructional Design Strategies
- Introduction to Corporate Learning Design Strategies
- Instructional Design Strategy Key Terms
- Knowledge Corner: Careers in Training and Development
- Motivation, Action Mapping, and Essential Components of Successful L&D Strategies for Adult Learners
- Instructional Design Strategy Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Evaluation of Learning Efficacy
- Introduction to Evaluating Learning Efficacy
- Learning Efficacy Evaluation Key Terms
- Knowledge Corner: Training Evaluation
- Approaches to Learning Evaluation and Measurement Models
- Learning Efficacy Evaluation Skills Assessment
- Module 5: Career Development Strategies
- Introduction to Effective Career Development Strategies
- Career Development Strategy Key Terms
- Knowledge Corner: Facilitating Growth in the Workplace for Yourself and Others
- Fostering Connections, Virtual Mentorship and Team Building, and Professional Networking
- Career Development Strategy Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources you can access after purchasing:
Employee Training and Development
This link provides a breakdown of the training services organizations typically offer the employees as well as presenting an Employee Training and Development Process diagram.
The Essential Components of a Successful L&D Strategy
This article provides basic information on the strategic role of Learning & Development, how it functions and aligns with business strategy, and how to better ensure success.
Adult Development & Learning
This website provides interactive content on how designing training differs for adult learners.
Evaluating Training Effectiveness
This website provides interactive content on the best methods for evaluating the success of a training model.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®² , when you’ve successfully completed your Skills Pathway with a score of 85% or higher.
² LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Who is the Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway right for?
The Corporate Learning Design Professional Development Skills Pathway might be the right fit for you if you have an interest in learning about corporate training and development strategies. This Skills Pathway may also help you grow your career in the education field.
Why should I purchase the Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway?
Purchasing our Corporate Learning Design Professional Development Skills Pathway is the first step in growing your employee training skills. You should purchase. Corporate Learning Design if you're interested in learning instructional design strategies.
Do I need to apply for this Skills Pathway?
Everyone is welcome to take the Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway. No application is necessary.
Does the Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway have any required prerequisites?
All levels and skillsets are welcome to take our Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway. There are no prerequisites for this Skills Pathway.
Can this Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway help me prepare for a certification exam?
This Skills Pathway aligns to the SHRM Functional Area 4 of the Body of Knowledge: Learning & Development. This Skills Pathway is not endorsed by SHRM.org. SHRM is a registered trademark of Society for Human Resource Management.
What is it like to participate in the Corporate Learning Design Professional Development Skills Pathway?
The Corporate Learning Design Skills Pathway has four skill modules comprised of subjects like “constructing needs assessments.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all Skills Pathways are 100% online and self-paced.
What is a Skills Pathway and what are the different types?
A Skills Pathway is a series of skills that can be learned over a period of time.
Prebuilt Pathway: A series of two or more existing skill modules that’s ready to launch today.
- Training Pathway: A series of two or more one-hour skill modules that does not prepare employees for a certification exam or help them earn recertification credits.
- Certification Pathway: Completing this Prebuilt Pathway can help employees prepare for a third-party certification exam.
- Recertification Pathway: Completing this Prebuilt Pathway can help employees earn recertification credits for a specific agency such as SHRM® and HRCI®.
Tailored Skills Pathway: Select multiple existing skill modules to create this Pathway. Skill modules and assessments can be modified slightly to accommodate the needs of your business.
Custom Skills Pathway: Our team will build completely new skill modules and assessments for your business and workforce.