Human Resources: Practical Leadership
Enhanced leadership skills can help you establish credibility and influence others. Explore the techniques and theories behind leading, managing and motivating your colleagues or employees. And discover how becoming a better leader means cultivating an ethical environment within your organization at the personal and professional level.
In Human Resources: Practical Leadership, you can develop new skills in about 30 hours. Learn how to support a coherent vision for long-term HR initiatives, demonstrate personal and professional integrity, ensure that company policies reflect ethical values and more!
This self-led, non-college-credit course aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge¹
¹SHRM is a registered trademark of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Skills you'll learn:
Model leadership behaviors critical to cultural congruency and organizational success
Apply coaching and mentoring skills critical to employee development
Apply emotional intelligence practices to motivate people and achieve organizational outcomes
Apply strategies to lead and focus employees in complex, disruptive and unpredictable situations
Developing culture through modeling
Coaching and mentoring
Practicing emotional intelligence in the workplace
Leading through difficult times and uncertainty
What's included in this course:
- Self-paced, 100% online
- Eligible for recertification credits
- 4 career-relevant skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
- Access to course for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California: These Professional Development courses or tracks are not available to California residents.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Eligible for recertification credits
Get recertification credits
This Program, ID No. 625793, has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This course offers 30 Professional Development credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
AI-powered video assessments
Practice the communication skills covered in this course through AI-powered video assessments. React to scenarios designed to replicate real-life situations with video responses. Submitted video responses are evaluated by an AI for rate of speech, use of filler and unclear words and proper use of keywords and phrases. Feedback is delivered instantly to accommodate learning at anytime from anywhere.
- Provides real-time, data-driven insights
- Rate of speech
- Use of filler and unclear words
- Incorporation of keywords and phrases
- Helps identify knowledge gaps
- Practice new skills and get instant feedback at anytime, from anywhere
- Rerecord video responses as many times before submitting for evaluation
- Course Introduction
- Course Welcome
- Getting Started
- Module 1: Developing Culture through Modeling
- Introduction to Developing Culture through Modeling
- Fundamental Elements of Leadership
- Developing a Positive Team Culture
- Models of Leadership Behavior
- Ethical Leadership
- Developing Culture through Modeling Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Practical Leadership Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Introduction to Practical Leadership Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Fundamentals of Coaching and Mentoring
- Establishing a Mentorship Program
- Planning and Implementing Effective Mentoring
- Coach or Mentor?
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Practicing Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in the Workplace
- Introduction to Practicing Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Understanding Self-Awareness as a Leader
- Strategies for Successful Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence Training
- Practicing Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Leading through Difficult Times and Uncertainty
- Introduction to Leading through Difficult Times and Uncertainty
- Resilience, Motivation, and Communication
- Leading Through Chaos
- Effective Leadership Through Turbulent Times
- Leadership Truths: Coping When the Going Gets Tough
- Leading through Difficult times and Uncertainty Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources for you to use right away:
Coaching and Mentorship
This PDF contains links to resources that provide essential information and techniques that aid in the development of successful coaching and mentorship skills.
EQ for Leaders
This PDF contains links to resources that help professionals to recognize signs of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in their leaders, work to build self-awareness as a core of emotional intelligence, and develop skills to mitigate intergroup conflict.
Foundations of Leadership
This PDF contains links to resources that cover important information from leadership styles and skills, to becoming a servant leader, and learning to lead successfully in uncertain and difficult times.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®² , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
² LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Human Resources: Practical Leadership professional development course right for me?
The Human Resources: Practical Leadership course may be right for you if you have an interest in learning more about managing employees and influencing others. This course could also help you grow your career in the HR field.
Why should I purchase this Human Resources: Practical Leadership professional development course?
By purchasing this Human Resources: Practical Leadership course, you are taking the first step in growing your workplace leadership skills. You should purchase this course if you’re interested in learning theories and best practices in leadership and persuasion.
Do I need to apply for this course?
No application is necessary. Everyone is welcome to the Human Resources: Practical Leadership course.
Does your Human Resources: Practical Leadership professional development course have any prerequisites?
All levels and skillsets are welcome to take the Human Resources: Practical Leadership non-college-credit course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
Can the Human Resources: Practical Leadership course offer professional development credits (PDCs) for SHRM recertification?
Yes. This course aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge and offers 30 PDCs for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
What is it like to participate in the professional development Human Resources: Practical Leadership course?
The Human Resources: Practical Leadership course has four modules comprised of subjects like “Developing Culture through Modeling.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.