Scrum Master Fundamentals
Help build your proficiency in Scrum by learning about the basics of this Agile Method. This course covers understanding and applying the Scrum framework, developing the Scrum team (including Product Owners and Engineers) and managing products in fast-moving companies.
This course helps prepare you to test for Professional Scrum Master I, (PSMI) certification.¹
¹ This track is not endorsed by Scrum.org
Skills you'll learn:
Successfully use the established Scrum core values to make desirable team decisions.
Effectively navigate primary Scrum events by applying the correct Agile principles, strategies and practices.
Productively serve and collaborate with Product Owners and developers.
Ensure the Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog help the Scrum Team create high-value increments.
Empirical Scrum pillars and values
Scrum Team roles
Scrum events and artifacts
What's included in this course:
- Self-paced, 100% online
- 4 job-ready skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
- Access to course for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California: These Professional Development courses or tracks are not available to California residents.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Helps prep for 1 certification exam
Professional Scrum Master I certification exam prep
Successfully completing this course can help you prepare to take the Professional Scrum Master I certification exam.
- Course Overview
- Welcome to Scrum Master Fundamentals
- Getting Started
- Module 1: The Empirical Approach to a VUCA World
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 1: The Scrum Framework
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #1
- Module 1: Foundational Scrum Resources
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #2
- Module 1: Empirical Scrum Pillars
- Module 1: Scrum Values
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #3
- Module 1: Summative Assessment
- Module 2: Team Accountability
- Module 2: Introduction
- Module 2: The Cross-Functional Scrum Team
- Module 2: The Scrum Master Role
- Module 2: Comprehension Check
- Module 2: Meet Team Apex
- Module 2: Summative Assessment
- Module 3: Increasing Your Organizational Serendipity Density
- Module 3: Introduction
- Module 3: Scrum Events Overview
- Module 3: Comprehension Check #1
- Module 3: Sprint Planning
- Module 3: Daily Scrum
- Module 3: Comprehension Check #2
- Module 3: The Sprint
- Module 3: Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Module 3: Comprehension Check #3
- Module 3: Summative Assessment
- Module 4: Continuous Innovation with Reliable Results
- Module 4: Introduction
- Module 4: Scrum Artifacts Overview
- Module 4: Exploring the Product Backlog
- Module 4: Exploring the Sprint Backlog
- Module 4: Exploring the Increment
- Module 4: Comprehension Check
- Module 4: Summative Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Conclusion
Tools and resources you can access after purchasing:
Daily Scrum Facilitation Guide
A PDF job aid to help ensure an effective Daily Scrum.
Sprint Retrospectives Guide
A PDF job aid to help ensure an effective Retrospective.
Sprint Goal Template
A fillable and downloadable template that guides you through writing a Sprint Goal.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®² , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
² LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Scrum Master Fundamentals course right for me?
The Scrum Master Fundamentals course could be the right fit for you if you are interested in learning about the foundations of Scrum and how a Scrum Master contributes to a successful business. A Scrum Master Fundamentals course could also help you grow your career in the IT Project Management field.
Why should I purchase this Scrum Master Fundamentals course?
Purchasing our Scrum Master Fundamentals course is a great first step in growing your understanding of the Scrum Pillars and Values. You should purchase this course if you're interested in learning more about how and when to apply the correct Scrum principles, strategies and practices and help the Scrum Team create high-value results.
Do I need to apply for this course?
Everyone is welcome to take the Scrum Master Fundamentals course. No application is necessary.
Does this Scrum Master Fundamentals course have any prerequisites?
All skill levels are welcome to take this Scrum Master Fundamentals non-credit course. There are no prerequisites required before taking this course.
Can the Scrum Master Fundamentals course help me prepare for a certification exam?
This course helps prepare you to test for Professional Scrum Master I, (PSMI) certification. This course is not endorsed by Scrum.org.
What is it like to take the Scrum Master Fundamentals course?
The Scrum Master Fundamentals course has four modules comprised of subjects like “Scrum core values” and “Scrum team accountability.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.