Faculty member and CPA Michael DeMarco has international experience, including having lived 10 years in Latin America. His background, he says, allows him to share his insights with students about how international environments function in terms of accounting and finance.
Accounting degrees designed for what comes next
Opportunities in accounting go beyond creating spreadsheets and crunching numbers. Every day, accountants help businesses mitigate risk, plan for the future and build trust through financial transparency. Our accounting degree programs help prepare you for a wide range of career options — including accountant, CPA, accounting analyst, auditor and controller — in an industry with a projected growth of 13 percent from 2012 to 2022.Footnote1
Enroll with confidence
Your accounting career is important to us, and we recognize you want more for your future. That's why our programs are designed with your next step in mind.
Accredited, industry-aligned curriculum
Our accounting degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs® (ACBSP) and align with American Institute of Certified Public Accountants® (AICPA) standards.
Opportunities to save time and money
Your life is full of experiences and we think you should get credit for them. Have your experiences evaluated for college credit.
Intuit QuickBooks® integration
Intuit QuickBooks is built into our undergraduate programs, meaning you’ll learn the #1 cloud accounting solution for small businesses. As you learn, our coursework helps prepare you to take the QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification exam.
Wiley CPAexcel® test prep integration
Prepare for CPA licensure while earning credits you can apply to exam requirements and a master's degree. Wiley CPAexcel® is embedded into key graduate courses that count toward our Graduate CPA Bridge Certificate and Master of Science in Accountancy.
800+ accounting faculty working in the field
Learn from instructors who average 22 years of industry experience. Our accounting faculty work in companies of all sizes across the U.S., and include CPAs, chief financial officers, chief accounting officers, treasurers, auditors and financial analysts.
For more information about each of these programs, including on-time completion rates, the median debt incurred by students who completed the program and other important information, please visit phoenix.edu/programs/gainful-employment.
- From BLS http://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm
- Maryland residents completing undergraduate degree programs will earn an emphasis rather than a concentration in a particular area of study.
- Intuit and QuickBooks are trademarks of Intuit Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- CPAexcel is a registered trademark of John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Each state sets forth standards required to be eligible to take the CPA exam and apply for licensure or certification as a CPA. While this program was designed with consideration for the standards proposed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA®), University of Phoenix cannot, and will not, provide any assurance that completion of this program will allow a successful student to qualify within the student’s specific jurisdiction. Potential applicants should check with the appropriate organization within their jurisdiction to determine if this program, combined with their undergraduate degree and any other specific criteria, meets the requirements to qualify for examination in that specific jurisdiction. States frequently change their requirements for examination. There is no assurance that at the time of degree completion the specific jurisdiction’s requirements will be consistent with the requirements at the time of admission.