Find a course
Consider continuing education
Whether you're a lifelong learner or you want to develop the skills and knowledge that can prepare you to be more successful in your career, University of Phoenix can help. We offer a range of individual, professional development and test-preparation courses, as well as certificate programs.
- Individual courses that cover everything from business and finance to nursing and health administration. These courses are credit bearing and typically come from our degree programs.
- General electives courses that may be transferable** to your degree program — to help you graduate on time.
- Courses for educators that can help you meet potential endorsement, recertification or professional development requirements.
- Test-preparation courses that ready you for industry-recognized exams for human resource managers, project managers professionals and prospective teachers in certain states.
- Non-credit professional development courses that can help you become a better manager and give you an extra edge at work.
- Certificate programs that provide a deeper exploration into areas such as human resources, project management, health administration, accounting and technology. These are credit-bearing collections of courses.
You'll quickly build the skills and knowledge you need to take on new challenges — while feeling like part of a learning environment designed to support your professional and educational growth. Every one of our hundreds of undergraduate and graduate courses provides you with the real-world experience of our faculty members, small class sizes and curriculum that’s state-of-the-art. Select online courses to help make learning convenient for your schedule, or choose to take courses on campus where available. Most courses have frequent start dates year-round, and can be completed in as little as five to nine weeks.
Find out how you might benefit from continuing education at University of Phoenix by requesting to speak with an Enrollment Advisor today.
* Each state sets forth standards required to be eligible to take the CPA exam and apply for licensure or certification as a CPA. While these courses were designed with consideration for the standards proposed by the National Association of State Boards of Accounting (NASBA), University of Phoenix cannot, and will not, provide any assurance that completion of these courses will allow a successful student to qualify within the student’s specific jurisdiction. Potential applicants should check with the appropriate organization within their jurisdiction to determine if these courses, combined with their undergraduate degree and any other specific criteria, meet the requirements to qualify for examination in that specific jurisdiction. States frequently change their requirements for examination. There is no assurance that at the time of courses completion the specific jurisdiction’s requirements will be consistent with the requirements at the time of admission.
** Associate, bachelor's and master's courses are academic, for-credit courses. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student's choice. Individual courses are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Although our continuing teacher education courses are accepted by some state agencies in the United States toward teacher certifications and endorsements, this may not be the case in all states or foreign jurisdictions. If you plan to use courses for certification or endorsement, please check with your own state agency and your school district for applicability. Continuing teacher education courses are not intended to apply to degree programs at University of Phoenix. These courses are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Certificate programs are credit-bearing, and many are eligible for federal financial aid for students who qualify. Please note that the A+ Fundamentals, CCNA and Network+ Technologies certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Test-preparation courses are not eligible for federal financial aid. With the exception of teacher test-prep, our test-prep courses are not credit-bearing. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies.
Professional development courses are non-credit-bearing and are not eligible for federal financial aid. Students intending to use courses to satisfy continuing education or professional development requirements are responsible for determining whether courses taken at University of Phoenix will satisfy such requirements. In addition, none of this coursework is eligible to be converted into academic credit at University of Phoenix.
While widely available, not all courses and programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please speak with a University Enrollment Advisor for more information.