About the program
See if our University is a fit for you, risk-free
It’s always better to try something before you buy it. At University of Phoenix, we think you should be able to do that when going back to college, too. Our Risk-Free Period Program gives you three weeks to try out the University experience by taking your first credit-bearing course. You’ll get to know our online classroom, test your time-management skills and explore our student resources.
See if University of Phoenix is right for you—all before you spend a dime—so you can commit to your education with confidence. Check the list of eligible degree programs.
Here’s how the Risk-Free Period Program works
- We’ll confirm that you weren’t previously admitted to the University and that you’re declaring fewer than 24 credits.*
- You’ll apply for one of the eligible online or on-campus associate or bachelor's degree programs in approved states.
- You’ll be placed in one of these introductory-level, credit-bearing courses: GEN/127 University Studies for Success or GEN/201 Foundations for University Success.
- If you qualify for the Risk-Free Period Program, you’ll be conditionally admitted for the first three weeks of the credit-bearing course and won’t be invoiced until after the risk-free period ends.
- If you continue attending in week four and beyond, you’ll be financially responsible for the entire course tuition.
If you’re ready to try us out, just fill out the short form here, or give us a call at 866.766.0766.
*If you don’t qualify for the Risk-Free Period Program, you may be eligible for a refund per our Tuition Refund Policy. The refund amount depends on how many weeks you attended, the course length and your state. A Finance Advisor can help you determine this.
*Maryland residents completing undergraduate degree programs will earn an emphasis rather than a concentration in a particular area of study.