History Of Mathematics –
This one-credit course introduces students to a survey of the history of mathematics, including the background of famous mathematicians from ancient to modern times and their specific contributions to mathematics. The format and content of the course is conceptual rather than technical.
This undergraduate-level course is 2 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
The Mathematics of Ancient Civilizations
- Describe the mathematical events, achievements, and figures of ancient civilizations.
Mathematics from the Middle Ages to the 19th Century
- Describe the mathematical events, achievements, and figures from the Middle Ages to the 19th Century.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.