spe513 | Graduate
Orientation To The Exceptional Child
topic title goes here
Pre-referral and Individualized Education Program (IEP) Procedures
- Explore procedures for initiating special education services.
Explain service delivery options for students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Compare an Individualized Education Plan to an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Summarize the purposes of planning for transitions towards post-secondary outcomes.
Philosophical, Historical, and Cultural Foundations of Special Education
- Summarize the theories and philosophies that form the basis for special education practice.
Reflect on your experiences and beliefs as a student in a classroom with exceptional learners.
Characteristics of Learners
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of learners with and without exceptional learning needs.
- Identify potential causes for exceptional learning needs.
- Recommend instructional strategies for students with exceptional learning needs.
Professional Collaborative Partnerships
Analyze current practices in schools regarding collaboration and response to intervention.
Describe common instructional models of cooperative teaching.
- Identify trends and issues in the integration of students with exceptional learning needs into schools.
Legal Foundations of Special Education
Analyze the laws, regulations, and policies related to special education.
Examine current terminology used in the education of individuals with exceptional learning needs.
- Analyze trends in disproportionality for culturally and linguistically exceptional learners.
Family Collaborative Partnerships
Outline the evolution of parent-professional relationships.
- Propose strategies to implement and support parent–professional relationships.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.