Call an Enrollment Advisor at
to learn more.
University of Phoenix Orientation Workshop
Ready to go back to school? Take this workshop to be sure.
To help you make an informed decision about your academic future, we encourage you to participate in our University Orientation Workshop. While taking part in this three-week orientation, you’ll learn about the innovative resources we offer to help you succeed academically.
You’ll also find out if you’re ready for the challenges of earning a degree — and if our University is right for you. Available to all incoming students, the University Orientation Workshop is required for prospective students who have fewer than 24 transferrable college credits — at no cost.
Deciding to go back to college is a big commitment of time and money. Since implementing the workshop, we’ve found that four out of every five students who participate go on to enroll at the University with a clear understanding of the rigors of higher education. Those who choose to forgo enrollment following their orientation experience do so without incurring any cost or student debt.
By demonstrating the University’s dedication to student success, our Orientation Workshop has earned the prestigious Showcase in Excellence Award from the Arizona Quality Alliance.
Learn more by calling an Enrollment Advisor at 866.766.0766. You may also request more information about our degree programs.
What you'll learn
Going to Class – objectives:
- Ensure you have the necessary computer requirements.
- Understand how to interact with instructors and classmates.
- Learn how to post assignments.
- Distinguish the difference between participation and attendance.
Investing in Yourself – objectives:
- Create a career exploration plan.
- Recognize the value of a college degree.
- Understand the importance of responsible borrowing and financial aid.
Attend at a nearby location or online — it’s up to you
University Orientation Workshop includes three one-hour sessions over three weeks. Online workshops begin every Monday, and you’ll be required to post assignments at least two days per week. On campus, each of the three sessions is held once a week for two hours.
Ask your Enrollment Advisor for more information.
* While widely available, University Orientation Workshop is not offered at all locations in both online and on-campus formats. You must enroll in one of the workshops if you have fewer than 24 credits to transfer. Both workshops include three one-hour sessions over three weeks. Online workshops begin every Monday. You’ll be required to post assignments at least two days per week. There are only three sessions for on-campus workshops. Each session takes place once a week for two hours.