Credit Transfer Policy
Academic credit earned for courses appearing on an official transcript from a regionally or nationally accredited associate degree granting candidates for accreditation college or university with a minimum grade of C- will be evaluated according to University policies and subject to the approval of the University's Central Office of Admissions.
Transfer credits based on a different unit of credit than the one prescribed by University of Phoenix are subject to conversion before being transferred. Only the official transcript and course evaluations performed by the University's Central Administrative Office of Admissions or Prior Learning Assessment Central are final. Any preliminary reviews by campus personnel are unofficial and not binding, and subject to change.
The regional accreditation agencies are:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
The national accreditation agencies are:
- Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges
- Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Accrediting Commission for Career Colleges/Colleges of Technology
- Association of Theological Schools
- Council on Occupational Education
- Distance Education and Training Council
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
A maximum of 30 credits may also be awarded for successful completion of exams from approved national testing programs (Advanced Placement Exams [AP], College Level Examination Program [CLEP], Excelsior, Berlitz®, DANTES[DSST]), according to University policy.
University of Phoenix has partnered with many higher learning institutions around the world through articulation agreements so you can earn a bachelor's degree as efficiently as possible. For more information about how your previously earned credits will transfer to University of Phoenix please review the available Transfer Guides.
For additional details, please refer to your student catalog. If you have specific questions about your individual situation, please consult your University Enrollment Advisor.Berlitz is a trademark of Berlitz Investment Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
or call us