Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) skills and initiatives can help create a supportive work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and has equal access to opportunities. In about 30 hours, this course can help you better understand the characteristics of a dynamic workforce, different approaches to developing an inclusive workplace and techniques to measure and increase equity.
Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I can help organizations create a more diverse and inclusive culture, ensure equity for all individuals in the workplace and demonstrates the importance of DE&I efforts to achieving organizational goals.
This self-led, non-college-credit course aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge¹
¹SHRM is a registered trademark of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Skills you'll learn:
Deliver effective talent solutions across the employee life cycle
Apply U.S. labor laws and regulations to workplace related issues
Apply people management skills to address common issues in the workplace
Develop effective organizational strategies using business intelligence methods
Talent Acquisition and Management (Employee Onboarding)
Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution
Data Systems for Human Resource Management
- Self-paced, 100% online
- Eligible for recertification credits
- 4 career-relevant skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish in approx. 30 hrs
- Access for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California: Professional Development Skills Pathways are not available to California residents.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Eligible for recertification credits
Get recertification credits
This Program, ID No. 625802, has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This course offers 30 Professional Development credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
AI-powered video assessments
Practice the communication skills covered in this course through AI-powered video assessments. React to scenarios designed to replicate real-life situations with video responses. Submitted video responses are evaluated by an AI for rate of speech, use of filler and unclear words and proper use of keywords and phrases. Feedback is delivered instantly to accommodate learning at anytime from anywhere.
- Provides real-time, data-driven insights
- Rate of speech
- Use of filler and unclear words
- Incorporation of keywords and phrases
- Helps identify knowledge gaps
- Practice new skills and get instant feedback at anytime, from anywhere
- Rerecord video responses as many times before submitting for evaluation
- Course Introduction
- Course Welcome
- Getting Started
- Module 1: Labor Law
- Introduction to Labor Law
- Understanding the Foundations of Labor Law
- Understanding Labor Relations and Right-to-Work
- Interpreting DE&I Programs and Benefits
- Supporting a Diverse Workforce
- Labor Law Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Talent Acquisition and Management
- Introduction to Talent Acquisition and Management
- Creating an Inclusive Workforce
- Implementing Diverse HR Solutions & Employing Diverse Hiring Practices
- Legal Interview Questions
- Enforcing EEO & Creating Equitable Opportunities
- Utilizing Techniques to Measure, Increase, and Advocate
- Talent Acquisition and Management Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution
- Introduction to Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution
- DE&I and Performance Issues Within a Dynamic Workforce
- Addressing Exclusion and Fostering Belonging
- Fostering Belonging
- Assessing Equity
- Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Data Systems for Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Data Systems for Human Resource Management
- Identifying DE&I Metrics
- DE&I Best Practices
- Designing Effective DE&I Initiatives
- Implementing DE&I Initiatives
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Data Systems for Human Resource Management Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources for you to use right away:
Building Successful DE&I Strategies
This PDF contains links to resources that provide step-by-step guidance on building DE&I strategies, the role of stakeholder engagement in program success, and workplace metrics to assess program effectiveness.
DE&I for Organizational Success
This PDF contains links to resources that provide insights on how DE&I creates broader understanding and more positive outcomes for organizations. This PDF contains links to resources that provide insights on how DE&I creates broader understanding and more positive outcomes for organizations.
Engaging and Changing Culture
This PDF contains links to resources that provide insights, techniques, and support for important changes that can be made to create a more successful company culture.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®² , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
² LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I professional development Skills Pathway right for me?
The Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I Skills Pathway may be right for you if you have an interest in learning more about cultivating a working environment that welcomes everyone. This Skills Pathway could also help you grow your career in the HR field.
Why should I purchase this Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I professional development Skills Pathway?
By purchasing this Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I Skills Pathway, you are taking the first step in growing your DE&I skills. You should purchase this Skills Pathway if you’re interested in learning theories and best practices in implementing diversity, equity and inclusion practices throughout your organization.
Do I need to apply for this Skills Pathway?
No application is necessary. Everyone is welcome to the Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I Skills Pathway.
Does your Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I professional development Skills Pathway have any prerequisites?
All levels and skillsets are welcome to take the Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I non-college-credit Skills Pathway. There are no prerequisites for this Skills Pathway.
Can the Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I Skills Pathway offer professional development credits (PDCs) for SHRM recertification?
Yes. This Skills Pathway aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge and offers 30 PDCs for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
What is it like to participate in the professional development Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I Skills Pathway?
The Human Resources: A Pragmatic Approach to DE&I Skills Pathway has four modules comprised of subjects like “Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the Skills Pathway to take about 30 hours, and all Skills Pathways are 100% online and self-paced.