Digital Marketing Track
Strengthen your digital marketing knowledge with courses designed to help you leverage web-based tools and powerful strategies to elevate your career.
Can help prepare for 5 industry certification exams¹:
Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate
Google Analytics IQ Certification
Google Ads Measurement Certification
Google Ads Search Certification
Google Ads Display Certification
¹ This track is not endorsed by Facebook or Google, LLC.
Help prepare for FIVE industry certification exams
Successfully completing this track can help you prepare for the Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate, Google Analytics IQ, Google Ads Measurement, Google Ads Search and Google Ads Display certification exams.
Courses in the Digital Marketing Track
Courses begin with SEO basics, exploring social marketing tactics and results. Dive into tracking and measuring with Google Analytics, then finish with inbound marketing strategy methodologies.
- Relate important website attributes and components to their impact on the visibility of the site
- Interpret basic analytics reports for relevant trends and prospective website issues
- Develop a refined list of effective keywords related to a topic of interest
- Evaluate Google Ads data to identify opportunities of iterative improvement to your digital ads or target website
- Identify social media platforms and distinguish applications based upon platform affordances
- Assess planning and execution of social media marketing campaigns for viability and effectiveness, given specific market and campaign parameters
- Interpret relevant analytics regarding campaign performance for a given metric and campaign goal
- Evaluate Social Media Marketing Plan elements for a given set of marketing goals and limitations and conditions
- Evaluate the specific advantages and outcomes associated with paid social media marketing efforts
- Outline a strategic campaign using multiple social media platforms, target audience, competitors and budget
- Advertise on other social media platforms, including: Twitter® platform, TikTok, Snapchat ™ app, Reddit® website, and LinkedIn® Corporation²
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of paid social media marketing campaigns
- Configure Google Analytics on a website to enable data collection
- Interpret basic reports to gather data and insights for analysis
- Create goals to measure actions that are important to a business
- Apply basic techniques of segmentation and remarketing
- Turn business objectives into successful Google Ads marketing campaigns
- Choose the appropriate Google Ads campaign based on overall objectives
- Leverage Google Display and Google Search to help reach business goals
- Launch, measure, and optimize Google Ads marketing campaigns
- Attract more potential customers and push them further through the marketing funnel using content marketing
- Launch lead generation tactics, including social media, content marketing, and email marketing
- Increase marketing program efficiency with marketing automation
- Attract, engage, and convert customers – and turn them into referral sources
Jobs that align with the Digital Marketing Track
Are you looking for new skills that help prepare for new opportunities? Or are you a marketing professional ready to take your skills to the next level? The Digital Marketing Track combined with popular industry certifications can help provide the credentials you need to enhance your career. Skills covered in this track are widely requested by employers in typical entry-level, mid-level and advanced jobs in the digital marketing field.
Lightcast, a labor market analytics firm, reports estimated digital marketing job postings in the United States for entry, mid-level and advanced jobs on a rolling 12-month basis.³Estimated Job Postings from Sep 2021 to Sep 2022
The following job titles are included in the Lightcast report:
- Digital Marketing Specialists
- Digital Marketing Assistants
- Digital Marketing Associates
- Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialists
- Digital Marketing Managers
- Digital Marketing Campaign Managers
- Digital Advertising Managers
- Digital Media Marketing Managers
- Digital Marketing Strategists
² LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Reddit is a registered trademark of Reddit, Inc., Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates, Snapchat is a registered trademark of Snap, Inc.
³ This data may not reflect your local market conditions for each job title provided. It is not intended to predict future market conditions related to these job titles as market conditions are dynamic and can change. The University of Phoenix makes no representation as to the number or level of jobs available when you complete your track. Additional skills that are not covered in this course may be required for specific jobs. Job positions vary based on multiple factors, including prior work experience, education, geographic location, and other factors specific to the individual. We do not guarantee employment, salary level, or career advancement.
Frequently asked questions
What is the refund policy?
Your purchase is risk free for 7 days or your money back – you may request a refund at any time for any reason via email within 7 days of purchase and you’ll be granted a refund. After 7 days, no refunds will be granted. To request a refund, please contact the professional development team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will lose access to the course or track once your refund begins processing.
When can I start?
You can immediately access and begin learning after completing your purchase.
What do I need to get started?
It’s simple! 1. Sign up with either your personal email or a social media account. 2. Pay for your course(s) or track(s) with a credit card and begin learning.
How do I access my courses or tracks?
Login using the username and password you created when purchased at www.phoenix.edu/professional-development/login
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.