Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal
In today’s modern workplace, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEI&B) is more important than ever. Understanding what it means to create a welcoming and safe working environment starts with those in leadership positions. In about 30 hours, you could discover the principles and best practices behind becoming a true inclusive leader.
Creating a sense of belonging within the workplace takes a firm understanding of prompting diversity and inclusion among your team. Distinguishing between the different leadership styles across mediums and generations can help create buy-in and compliance across all levels of an organization. Our Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course can help you create, implement and assess DEI&B initiatives in onboarding, coaching, mentoring and teams.
This self-led, non-college-credit course aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge¹
¹SHRM is a registered trademark of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Skills you'll learn:
Evaluate belonging as part of diversity and inclusion
Apply inclusive leadership principles and activities that lead to belonging
Implement strategies and best practices of inclusive organizations
Analyze the impact and benefit of DEI&B initiatives and assessment tools
Creating Belonging Out of Inclusivity
Acting on Inclusive Leadership Principles
Assessing the Impact of Inclusivity
Implementing Inclusive Strategies
What's included in this course:
- Self-paced, 100% online
- Eligible for recertification credits
- 4 career-relevant skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
- Access to course for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California residents cannot purchase professional development courses or tracks.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Employees can get registered and start learning today
- Track employee progress
- Eligible for recertification credits
Get recertification credits
This Program, ID No. 630274, has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This course offers 30 professional development credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
AI-powered video assessments
Practice the communication skills covered in this course through AI-powered video assessments. React to scenarios designed to replicate real-life situations with video responses. Submitted video responses are evaluated by an AI for rate of speech, use of filler and unclear words and proper use of keywords and phrases. Feedback is delivered instantly to accommodate learning at anytime from anywhere.
- Provides real-time, data-driven insights
- Rate of speech
- Use of filler and unclear words
- Incorporation of keywords and phrases
- Helps identify knowledge gaps
- Practice new skills and get instant feedback at anytime, from anywhere
- Rerecord video responses as many times before submitting for evaluation
- Course Introduction
- Course Welcome
- Getting Started
- Module 1: Creating Belonging Out of Inclusivity
- Introduction to Creating Belonging Out of Inclusivity
- Building DEIB in the “New Normal”
- Impact of DEIB on Diversity Management and Strategies
- Addressing a Lack of Belonging
- Creating Belonging Out of Inclusivity Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Acting on Inclusive Leadership Principles
- Introduction to Acting on Inclusive Leadership Principles
- Becoming an Inclusive Leader
- Embracing the Blind Spot
- Leading with an Inclusive Belonging Focus
- Engaging Through Belonging
- Acting on Inclusive Leadership Principles Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Assessing the Impact of Inclusivity
- Introduction to Assessing the Impact of Inclusivity
- Assessment and Evaluation of DEIB
- Divergent Opinions
- Opportunities and Best Practices for Impact Assessments
- Assessing the Impact of Inclusivity Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Implementing Inclusive Strategies
- Introduction to Implementing Inclusive Strategies
- The Continuous Process of Leadership Development
- Developing Yourself
- Inclusive Leadership in Practice
- Leading Evolution and Change
- Implementing Inclusive Strategies Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources for you to use right away:
Moving from Inclusivity to Belonging
This PDF contains links to resources that help to define the differences between inclusivity and belonging, provide strategies for successfully creating both, and outline methods to move beyond a seat at the table mentality to a true culture of belonging where every voice can contribute.
Inclusive Strategies & Building Buy-In
This PDF contains links to resources that provide tools and information on strategies for effective inclusive leadership and the importance of creating buy-in and shared vision.
Psychological Safety & Assessment of DEIB
This PDF contains links to resources that provide tools to combat barriers to inclusion, methods for creating psychological safety, and information on the efficacy of 360-degree assessment of DEIB projects and programs.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn®² , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
² LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal professional development course right for me?
The Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course may be right for you if you have an interest in learning more about how different leadership styles can influence diversity, inclusion and belonging within your workplace. This course could also help you grow your career in the HR field.
Why should I purchase this Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal professional development course?
By purchasing this Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course, you are taking the first step in adopting a new approach to leading today’s teams through the modern workplace. You should purchase this course if you’re interested in learning the principles and best practices of leading and engaging a diverse but inclusive team.
Do I need to apply for this course?
No application is necessary. Everyone is welcome to the Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course.
Does your Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal professional development course have any prerequisites?
All levels and skillsets are welcome to take the Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal non-college-credit course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
Can the Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course offer professional development credits (PDCs) for SHRM recertification?
Yes. This course aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge and offers 30 PDCs for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
What is it like to participate in the professional development Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course?
he Inclusive Leadership in the New Normal course has four modules comprised of subjects like “Creating Belonging Out of Inclusivity.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.