University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (http://hlcommission.org). Since 1978, University of Phoenix has been continually accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor. University of Phoenix obtained its most recent 10-year Reaffirmation of Accreditation in 2012–13. A comprehensive evaluation is scheduled for 2016–17, and the next Reaffirmation of Accreditation is scheduled for 2022–23.
The edge you need to get ahead
Certificates, test preparation and individual courses to give working professionals like you the skills to stand out.
Maintain a competitive edge. Our non-degree professional development programs give you the management and leadership skills you need to get ahead in project management, human resources and business operations.Learn more
Build your expertise. Certificate programs give you the specialization you need to keep ahead of trends, seek greater career opportunities and stay competitive. Our dozens of certificate programs align with industry needs and continuing education requirements.Learn more
Recertification for Teachers
Get the credits you need, on a schedule that works for you. We offer an expansive list of continuing teacher education courses to help you meet recertification requirements.Learn more
Get started right away. Explore continuing education opportunities.
Engage with others who share your experience as a Phoenix, past and present. Exceed expectations with support extending beyond the classroom. Inspire and encourage your community.
Your Life as a Phoenix
What does it mean to be a Phoenix? We are the risers. The ones who know that if we want it, we have to go out and get it. We give blood, sweat, and sometimes tears. We are sculpted by adversity. We are made from desire and a dream, but we leave nothing up to fate. We have the skill, and we have the will. And we will not let ourselves be ignored.
See our new online classroom
00:00:08 It has everything I need to be a more successful student, including giving me more ways to learn and more ways to connect with my instructor and classmates.
00:00:17 For example, on my home page, I can see this week's assignments and learning activities, the latest news from my instructor, and updates from class discussions.
00:00:27 The syllabus helps me stay organized and on top of my assignments.
00:00:31 It tracks my progress through the course.
00:00:33 I can check week by week and look ahead to see what's coming.
00:00:37 It's easy to check out my assignments.
00:00:39 I can view instructions, submit files, and get up-to-the-minute feedback from my instructor.
00:00:44 I can even locate helpful resources.
00:00:47 I can pick my own way to learn because the new classroom has a lot of different interactive learning activities, like this video, which I can play right in the classroom.
00:00:57 The class roster helps me stay in touch with my classmates.
00:01:00 It tells me right away who my classmates are, if they are online, and how I can reach them.
00:01:06 My chat tool lets me work with my classmates and my learning team without leaving the classroom, and I can even chat with my entire class through the group chat feature.
00:01:15 Since my calendar is synced to my syllabus, I always know when assignments or activities are due.
00:01:22 The new classroom even has a great mobile app that lets me study and stay in touch with my instructor and classmates.
00:01:28 Here's to doing schoolwork anytime, anywhere.
00:01:32 The new University of Phoenix classroom.
00:01:34 It's a place to discover, connect, and achieve.
- New Students
- Non-Degree Learner
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Military Students & Families
- Doctoral Students
- Is University of Phoenix an accredited university?
- Where can I explore degree options?
- What resources are available to help me develop a financial plan to pay for my education?
- How can I fund my education?
- How long will it take to complete my degree?
- How do I attend a class online?
- How do I get started?
- What is professional development?
- How can I apply professional development courses to my career?
- What is Continuing Teacher Education?
- How can I use Continuing Teacher Education in my profession?
- What subjects are offered for continuing education and professional development at University of Phoenix?
- How do I register for continuing education courses?
- How do I get a record of the courses I've completed?
- Is University of Phoenix an accredited institution?
- What are the requirements for transferring to University of Phoenix?
- Does my current or past school have a credit transfer agreement with University of Phoenix?
- What kind of financial assistance is available to me?
- What will my online classroom and schedule look like?
- Can I apply relevant learning, work and life experiences toward credit at University of Phoenix?
- What are the admission requirements for international students?
- Do I have to be fluent in English to attend University of Phoenix?
- How can I get my international transcript evaluated?
- Do I have to live in the United States to attend University of Phoenix?
- What are the visa requirements to attend University of Phoenix?
- Are international students eligible for financial aid?
- How is University of Phoenix accredited?
- How can I transfer my skills to a civilian job?
- How can I use my veteran's education benefits?
- How do I get started if I’m currently overseas?
- Where can I find my University of Phoenix transcript?
- How can I get involved and expand my professional network?
- Where can I find career resources?
- Are alumni chapters available in my area?
- Where can I share my story at University of Phoenix?
- How can I continue my education at University of Phoenix?
- What are some of the alumni benefits?
- What doctoral programs do you offer?
- How do I complete my doctoral program?
- Do all doctoral faculty members have terminal degrees?
- What kind of research tools does University of Phoenix provide?
- What are the doctoral program admission requirements?
Our online colleges and schools
The colleges and schools of University of Phoenix put education in your reach with degree programs and online classes made to fit your life. We’re dedicated to helping working adults achieve their educational and career goals. We offer online college degree programs, on-campus classes in select locations and feature a collection of colleges & schools offering in-demand degrees.
Education within reach. How to pay for the education you deserve.
Your ambition and potential brought you this far, don’t let unanswered questions about cost stop you now. Our resources help you understand your options and answer your questions about paying for college.
Find your Campus
University of Phoenix puts college in your reach with flexible classes designed to fit your needs. Attend classes online or at select locations nationwide. On-campus classes are offered in the evenings or on the weekend to better fit into your schedule. Select a campus and create a schedule that works for you.