adm513 | Graduate
School Law For Educators
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Teachersâ and Studentsâ Rights and Responsibilities
- Identify the authority that a school has over the actions of students.
- Discuss student expectation of privacy in relationship to drug testing.
- Analyze studentsâ rights regarding disciplinary actions.
- Identify challenges to current case law based upon new litigation of studentsâ rights.
- Analyze the balance of interests regarding the state, teachers, students, and the community.
- Apply progressive steps of teacher dismissal.
- Discuss the legal and ethical responsibilities of a teacher.
- Examine the reasonableness standard in education.
- Identify important legal concepts relating to public school law.
- Analyze the schoolâs responsibility regarding standard of care in an educational setting.
- Explain tort law and adequate supervision in reference to duty owed to students.
Special Education Laws and Accommodations
- Trace the history of significant special education laws.
- Analyze ways to implement and comply with mandates for individualized education programs.
- Recognize the elements and legal requirements of accommodation.
Landmark Cases, Governance of Education, and Legal Research
- Identify federal case law that affects education.
- Analyze selected landmark cases and their effects on education.
- Identify legal research tools available for educators.
- Explain the implications of the Bill of Rights on education today.
- Analyze your stateâs guidelines regarding current educational challenges.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.